monthly photo contest

gne in prog

here's my idea.

between now and the 1st of jan we'll have theme suggestion/voting.

then between the 1st and 15th of a month we'll have submissions.

from the 15th until the end of the month we'll have photo voting and the following months theme suggestion/voting.

i'll get a gmail account that you would submit photos to, and a separate flickr account from which i would host the photos. to try and keep things fair, i'll keep the submissions anonymous until after the voting period ends.

no prizes, but you could mention it on your resume right after "english proficient".

anyone have better ideas?

So are you going to come up with themes for us and we vote? I like the idea. How many submitions per user?

Sounds awesome. I think maybe one submission per member ... at least at first.

We might leave more time for taking the photos since a lot of guys are on the road. Thanks for getting the ball rolling!

So are you going to come up with themes for us and we vote? I like the idea. How many submitions per user?

i was thinking for a week we'd have a thread where people suggested themes, then have a poll to decide which theme the next month would be.

Sounds awesome. I think maybe one submission per member ... at least at first.

We might leave more time for taking the photos since a lot of guys are on the road. Thanks for getting the ball rolling!

would the first three weeks of a month for submissions and the last week for voting and theme for the next month be better?

I like the idea, short of non aviation themes. I personally only like taking pictures if it's a plane, or a boat. Artsy pictures just don't do it for me.

Whatever is decided, we need to sticky at the top the "rules" for this project. I'm excited. I've been doing a picture a day on FB and got a lot of thumbs up for my pics, so I'm happy to extend them out here.

Whatever is decided, we need to sticky at the top the "rules" for this project. I'm excited. I've been doing a picture a day on FB and got a lot of thumbs up for my pics, so I'm happy to extend them out here.

rules-
photo must be taken by yourself (obviously)
photo must be taken during the time period
one entry per person

what else?

rules-
photo must be taken by yourself (obviously)
photo must be taken during the time period
one entry per person

what else?

How do you enforce the time period rule? If you put that stupid time stamp on the picture they look terrible.

How do you enforce the time period rule? If you put that stupid time stamp on the picture they look terrible.

I think it's a small and close enough group that we'll be ok. Plus the prize is "pride", so it's not like there's a cash incentive to cheat :)

What about editing? I tend to "touch up" my photos occasionally.

voting on finished product. whatever you use to get there. obviously good subtle editing helps the finished product. when people go overboard on the editing i think the amount of votes the photo gets will show that.

Back