Meetup/Retreat

There’s LARPing involved? I’m down for LARPing. I don’t care what the setting is I’m still playing a chaotic good Goliath atheist paladin. My Devine Smite has been renamed Skeptical Retribution and I’ve got a set of brass knuckles. One says “thoughts” on it and the other says “prayers”. They only work on casters and other magic users… basically anyone that believes in magic.

can I play?

It sounds like he needs new recruits to replace the LARP platoon he lost when his firebase was overrun by the NVA and VC.

Either that, or there’s going to be some fresh new kidneys on the market.

Naw bro the reenacter are all reenacting the great escape from the Kabul airport.

I guess the picture is more appropriate for this thread...

5ka5r9.jpg

I think the thing I find strangest is that if @Dacuj was hired by Eagle in 2006, his career progression was almost certainly hampered significantly by flow through.

At that time there were a ton of flowback AA FO’s sitting in captain spots at Eagle. No one in my class had any thoughts about flowing through. Or even upgrading, to be honest.

Of the folks in my (small) class, I think two are with AA via flow through (16 yrs later) and one is with AA because he bailed for USAir early as an FO as he knew it would take forever to upgrade at Eagle.

I have no idea what the flow through is worth now. But there’s no way I would go to an airline with substandard pay and work rules just because they had one.

Well, the Negative Nancy's here didn't rain on my parade. I didn't get a single inquiry from this site. Although I had hopes there were a few cadet types out there that monitor this site which is the reason I posted it here, I contacted two of the pipeline universities and through their social media apps. We have a meetup scheduled for the 2nd weekend in October. We've already got a nice sized group and are keeping registration open until mid September so I have hopes of maybe 50 guys showing. In addition, a couple of cadets that will be fresh out of initial at that date have committed to coming as well.

Well, the Negative Nancy's here didn't rain on my parade. I didn't get a single inquiry from this site. Although I had hopes there were a few cadet types out there that monitor this site which is the reason I posted it here, I contacted two of the pipeline universities and through their social media apps. We have a meetup scheduled for the 2nd weekend in October. We've already got a nice sized group and are keeping registration open until mid September so I have hopes of maybe 50 guys showing. In addition, a couple of cadets that will be fresh out of initial at that date have committed to coming as well.
You da man! Its going to be an awesome time!

You advertised your weekend camping trip to colleges and universities?

I think the thing I find strangest is that if @Dacuj was hired by Eagle in 2006, his career progression was almost certainly hampered significantly by flow through.

At that time there were a ton of flowback AA FO’s sitting in captain spots at Eagle. No one in my class had any thoughts about flowing through. Or even upgrading, to be honest.

Of the folks in my (small) class, I think two are with AA via flow through (16 yrs later) and one is with AA because he bailed for USAir early as an FO as he knew it would take forever to upgrade at Eagle.

I have no idea what the flow through is worth now. But there’s no way I would go to an airline with substandard pay and work rules just because they had one.
If this dude is real, he should be aware that while there few hurdles between furlough and mainline there is still a probationary period. And while that’s a non event for 99% of people, he should be careful
Not to find himself in the 1%.

Back