Me arriving in Minneapolis yesterday

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
DL170-3.jpeg
DL170-1.jpeg
DL170-6.jpeg
DL170-7.jpeg
Some pictures @msp_plane_spotter on Instagram took of me arriving from Seoul, Korea yesterday!

And if you zoom-in, that’s the Lead Line Check Pilot in the left seat and I’m in the FO’s seat doing a “Right Seat Checkride” as part of line check pilot certification.

Was there really a need for TR's here Derg? And why MSP? I thought you guys were "Seattle's Hometown Air Line"? You guys diverted from SEA, didn't you?

Was there really a need for TR's here Derg? And why MSP? I thought you guys were "Seattle's Hometown Air Line"? You guys diverted from SEA, didn't you?

You sound like CC!

Well, lets talk about reversers, the plane was going out fairly soon so with the selected intersection, and full reversers, the aircraft only needed 30 minutes to get the brakes below 150 C for the next crew. With reversers at idle, it would have needed 60 minutes to get the same cool brake results.

It's system called "Brake to Vacate" where we can tell the aircraft the RCC, choose an intersection, produces an idle and full reverse brake cooling estimate and it will use optimal braking to arrive at the selected intersection at 10 knots.

YOU ASKED! :)

More information. The video says '320' but it's not:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPUuLFAKrIA

That's a fancy flight deck. Though I kinda hate the display cursors. Perhaps the CVI is less cumbersome than it appears though?

You sound like CC!

Well, lets talk about reversers, the plane was going out fairly soon so with the selected intersection, and full reversers, the aircraft only needed 30 minutes to get the brakes below 150 C for the next crew. With reversers at idle, it would have needed 60 minutes to get the same cool brake results.

It's system called "Brake to Vacate" where we can tell the aircraft the RCC, choose an intersection, produces an idle and full reverse brake cooling estimate and it will use optimal braking to arrive at the selected intersection at 10 knots.

YOU ASKED! :)

More information. The video says '320' but it's not:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPUuLFAKrIA

Hawt. I wish the 747 had BTV. Looking at factored landing distance and then trying to figure out where you can expect to turn off is an exercise in stupidity. Some people spend way too much time talking about it too "If I float, it'll be more like A7, blah blah blah."

Then don't get me started about having our auto brakes selector in one of 5 different places in the cockpit (three different spots on the center console, up by the gear selector, or over under the captain's MFD). Most people just click the auto brakes off, but some ask for you to turn them up or down mid roll out. Not exactly wrong, but it's not the best time to be looking down trying to remember where the selector is.

Hawt. I wish the 747 had BTV. Looking at factored landing distance and then trying to figure out where you can expect to turn off is an exercise in stupidity. Some people spend way too much time talking about it too "If I float, it'll be more like A7, blah blah blah."

Then don't get me started about having our auto brakes selector in one of 5 different places in the cockpit (three different spots on the center console, up by the gear selector, or over under the captain's MFD). Most people just click the auto brakes off, but some ask for you to turn them up or down mid roll out. Not exactly wrong, but it's not the best time to be looking down trying to remember where the selector is.
Oh man this is triggering memories of the schoolhouse and every time I mentioned the word “autobrakes” to an instructor it turning into a 30 minute weirdo tech-cedure lecture

It's absolutely fantastic for planning. Literally land the jet and it'll give you the most efficient braking until the intersection. Super handy in places like AMS where you taxi forever and may end up giving the next crew a brake cooling problem to contend with if its a short turn.

Back