Martinaire

cezzna618

yyhhaaaarrr
hi everyone,

I've posted on this site 2 or 3 times, but have been lurking since I started flying 6 years ago. Lots of great info, My question is what are some opinions on Martinaire. I understand 135 cargo isn't for everyone, but it is something I would like to try my hand at. I meet all 135 requirements and total time is just south of 1500. Anyways Martinaire in particular looks appealing to me. Any thought/suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

Thanks for the replies guys...in the next few weeks I think I'll shoot an app in and see what's up.

Unless you're not willing to live in Wisconsin, I'd suggest applying to Freight Runners instead. Slightly better starting pay and quick upgrades to multi TPIC (and even better pay).

That is true a much needed raise has been in order and I can only wish it'd been there when I started. Still about 10% lower than where I'd like it to be but hey it happened. I wouldn't recommend moving far for the job but if you are located somewhere that is needed it could do well for you to get that turbine time and good experience in 135.

30k first year, full bennies (they're good and cheap too). Paid and put up during training and a sign on bonus. Routes are varied across the country - we have some of the best (Key West) and worst (Guymon). Hands down the best maintenance I've dealt with in 121 or 135.

That being said, everything aside from three routes is UPS feeder work. That should tell you a lot about what to expect. Most guys do a year or two and punch out for pax 135, FedEx feeders, or 121.

The CP is probably the best guy you'll ever work for. I was a check airman on the 'van and left to go fly for Encore/Landmark and returned to be the ACP.

We've currently got four openings: Guymon, OK; Huge, OK; Manteo, NC; and Victoria, TX; though I'm interviewing someone Tuesday for VCT.

If you're interested, PM me and I'll shoot you my email for your resume.

30k first year, full bennies (they're good and cheap too). Paid and put up during training and a sign on bonus. Routes are varied across the country - we have some of the best (Key West) and worst (Guymon). Hands down the best maintenance I've dealt with in 121 or 135.

That being said, everything aside from three routes is UPS feeder work. That should tell you a lot about what to expect. Most guys do a year or two and punch out for pax 135, FedEx feeders, or 121.

The CP is probably the best guy you'll ever work for.

Ditto to all of the above.

Martinaire is a great place for CFIs to take the next step from teaching to flying scheduled IFR real world ops. The van is a piece of cake to fly. After 12 months flying boxes in and out of DFW, you'll be more than ready to move up to a RJ.

Bon_Jovi_Runaway.JPG
Even Jon thinks so

I enjoyed my time at Martinaire. 30k pay is a lot better, makes them even competitive/better with Ameriflight for the Najavo/99 finally.

Most of MRA's aircraft have no GPS. It wasn't uncommon for me to fly NDB approaches "for realsies" when I was a floater pilot there.

If your goal is to go to a regional, hit up MRA when you get to 1200, fly for a year (they do have a training contract), then go to regional of your choice.

Most of MRA's aircraft have no GPS.
tumblr_m5tyyiF5vN1qbcfk2.jpg

FINALLY, most of them have GPS, even if it's ye old faithful KLN89B.

According to the latest and greatest active aircraft list I have here, almost 3/4 of the 'vans have GPS, and about half are Mode S. I imagine they'll finish out the owned birds and leave the leased birds /A unless the lessors also want to pay for the upgrades.

I'm hoping with the introduction of the Garmin 650/750 we'll see a supply of overhauled 430s and 530s hit the market similar to the 89Bs and 90Bs. But that's likely a pipe dream. I'll take an 89B all day long if we can just get a nice glass panel to look at versus a six pack. At least the Caravans are 100% autopilot.

Pulse lights seem to be the latest fad around here as they come in for heavy checks.

It was long overdue. Same with pay.

With the pay raise, the upgrading of aircraft, the acquiring of aircraft and routes, there's actually a feeling of excitement around here again.

OH, and NO MORE DAMN JEPPS! Finally.
Why no Jepps? Whats wrong with them?

You mean the jeeps that didn't expire until the chief pilot sent out, and you received the new ones, no matter the date?

Back