Luxury Crash Pad downtown Chicago with Jazz Singer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha.

Serious thought here...If you're actually looking for someone for a pilot roommate, you've probably priced yourself out of the market...1.7k for 6 nights is almost $300 a night, and since pilots are cheap (understatement), and poor (understatement), and hotels are available for quite a bit less...well, you might have a tough time.

Would $100 a night be more reasonable? And how do I know which nights? I am happy to rent to a few different people a month but I'd like some kind of set thing... Advise me. Thanks!

Aviation, unfortunately, is a member of the "Locker Room" of professional fields.

Don't worry. The ones that crow the loudest are generally just hanging out in their parent's basement.

Would $100 a night be more reasonable? And how do I know which nights? I am happy to rent to a few different people a month but I'd like some kind of set thing... Advise me. Thanks!
Sadly, I am not up to date on the going rate for nice crashpads :p. I think it might help to drop the idea of a set thing, since schedules are different every month. You could go with the corporate guy if can be ok with him dropping by almost unnanounced, or you can go with the airline pilots, where you would know the schedule for the entire month, at least. I'm not sure having multiple people would be doable, since the schedules vary monthly, and you'd likely have multiple guys expecting to stay the same night.

Hope this helps....I realize I didn't really offer any solutions though. Unfortunately instability is almost universal throughout the pilot world :)

Sadly, I am not up to date on the going rate for nice crashpads :p. I think it might help to drop the idea of a set thing, since schedules are different every month. You could go with the corporate guy if can be ok with him dropping by almost unnanounced, or you can go with the airline pilots, where you would know the schedule for the entire month, at least. I'm not sure having multiple people would be doable, since the schedules vary monthly, and you'd likely have multiple guys expecting to stay the same night.

Well the corp pilot would "live" there, 15 days a month. I thought, knowing other pilots' schedules each month, at least for each month would give me an idea of how to coordinate. They could always have my room and I could sleep on couch in front room or something. But $100 a night is fair, right? And crash pads are generally a couple nights at a time right? That's the question. Is it 7 days in a row? 2 days four times a month? Etc.

Hope this helps....I realize I didn't really offer any solutions though. Unfortunately instability is almost universal throughout the pilot world :)

I have never written blogs/posts about my life before this silly situation. I am very private online due to my career. But hey... how many pilots could be reading this... err... uh... um...
Whatever. Just be nice. Had enough "mean" lately.

Oh brother.......

Hope you get a taker soon.

As a not-professional-pilot, I have no idea. I think the nights would be more spaced out though, because the idea is to spend the night before a trip to avoid jumpseating at 4 am so you can work an early flight, and then possibly spending the night after the trip, depending on when the last flight you're working ends, and what the commuting options are to get home that day.

Again, I'm not really the best person to ask about this part though, so I might be off base here.

I commuted to ORD for four years, and was pretty familiar with the commuting scene there. I think you're going to have problems getting any takers for a couple of reasons:

1. Pilots are cheap as hell. I--and a lot of other pilots--would stay at the Quality Inn O'Hare (total dump) instead of the Four Points (pretty nice) to save $7 a night. For an extra $7--or 5-10mins of work over a trip--we could have upgraded from terrible beds, gross bathrooms, thin walls...but we didn't. I was a regional pilot, but there were a ton of mainline UAL and AA people staying there as well.

2. You're competing with hotels that are 1)10mins from the airport and 2) $30-$50 a night. An hour train ride downtown to make a 5AM show time sucks, especially when you can pay $30 and get up 45mins before your show at an airport hotel.

3. For people that just get based in Chicago and want to rent a room--there are tons of rooms available in pretty good locations for half of what you're talking about. Even major airline pilots probably don't want to pay the money you're talking about.

Unfortunately, the only people I could see being interested are single senior major pilots...and not to be prejudicial, but folks from that demographic might be looking for more than just a place to stay if they're paying >$1500 to rent a room.

the only people I could see being interested are single senior major pilots...and not to be prejudicial, but folks from that demographic might be looking for more than just a place to stay if they're paying >$1500 to rent a room.

I'm not 100% convinced they'd be single...

Oh...Come....ON!

Ad done, the rest is all about LOOK AT ME! Give me a break!

You guys are so Riddle like.

Oh OH it's a GIRL!!!

(puke)

Hey... Got any grapes?

[video=youtube;MtN1YnoL46Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q[/video]

170807_1780567030542_1130405129_32049810_5211456_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back