Luxury Crash Pad downtown Chicago with Jazz Singer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flapper Girl

Hi, I am new to this forum (jetcareers.com)... My mother flies with United Airlines (since 1969); I thought I would try to contact anyone flying out of oRD or Midway that's interested in having a reliable and comfortable place to stay in Chicago's Gold Coast. The skinny is this: I'm a professional jazz vocalist (female, straight, early 30's-- but, uh, I look 27, ahem... cough...) with a kick-ass condo, hoping to share rent with a traveling roomie.

The condo is right off the Magnificent Mile, 1500 square feet, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, tons of closets, a very well-laid-out space, impeccably furnished, short cab ride ($4) or 10-15 minutes walking distance from the Lake Street El station (that's all trains, by the way-- Blue/red/orange/green/purple/brown lines!) and in one of the city's top buildings (outstanding amenities and security). The bedrooms are sizable and the bathrooms are private/one full bathroom for each bedroom. I would be able to negotiate rent based on the following criteria, as long as it was consistent for one year: Nightly Stays. Weekly Stays. Monthly Stays

Other tid-bits that may be worth noting:
I'm a non-smoker and really don't wish to live with anyone who is. Jazz singer or not, drugs are not part of my life (never were) and I don't want to be around anyone who engages in drug use of any kind. Having stated that... Red wine is another story. :D Not an alcoholic or anything but I love to have a few glasses of red wine with friends and tend to have people stop by for intellectual conversations and just comfortable company. So, I'm an extrovert but not a party girl. Cannot cook to save my life, not that I ever tried. I'm exceptionally good at cleaning, though, and I love to make people feel welcomed. If you're new to the area, and it appeals to you, I would be HAPPY to show you around the city or introduce you to people-- I love connecting good people with friends. Hope ya like jazz. If your response is "I love Norah Jones!" please don't respond. Hahahaha Just kidding. I'm a jazz snob the way I assume Martha Stewart is a good housekeeping snob. Really interested in sharing this space with someone who is respectful, kind, good-natured and financially dependable. Oh I have never been in jail or had an arrest or anything remotely close to that stuff. Lastly, if it matters, I am considered pretty attractive. No Angelina Jolie, but you won't be grossed out looking at me. With that in mind... psychos need not apply, I have my fair share bothering me as it is. Thanks. LOL.

One more thing-- I'm open to rooming with men or women, straight, gay or bi.
Please no pets. Ok. Spread the word if you know anyone looking. This condo will be available in mid-October, by the way. Please respond here or feel free to email me!: flappergirlsings@gmail.com

Respectfully,
Erin

Bridget+Fonda+Single+White+Female+(1992).jpg

I'm tempted to follow up on this frankly. Even though I'm not a pro-pilot, in need of a crash pad, or even have a need to be in Chicago on business a whole lot. A luxury condo downtown WITH a jazz singer?

I can't afford anything with the term "luxury" in front of it... Good luck filling the slot

I can't afford anything with the term "luxury" in front of it... Good luck filling the slot

That's where I may have the drop on my competition here...I can't afford NOT to have luxury - my psyche wouldn't allow it. A luxury condo in a great city...rooming with a beautiful girl who also sings jazz? It just doesn't get better than that. The fact that the internet hasn't exploded from this offer is testament to the weakness and lack of adventure todays generation has.

What does this kick-ass crashpad cost per month? (I know, if I have to ask etc.... but someone had to!)

That's where I may have the drop on my competition here...I can't afford NOT to have luxury - my psyche wouldn't allow it. A luxury condo in a great city...rooming with a beautiful girl who also sings jazz? It just doesn't get better than that. The fact that the internet hasn't exploded from this offer is testament to the weakness and lack of adventure todays generation has.

Why'd you assume that? :rolleyes:

I feel like I've been teleported in to one of those PSAs that starts out seeming like a cool mystery but winds up with Wilma lecturing on the virtues of chastity.

Why'd you assume that? :rolleyes:

Because she alluded to it in her post. If she weren't really attractive she wouldn't have alluded to it on the internet!

Actually...brings up a good point...

In real estate advertisements, "Homey" means "cramped and small"....a "Dollhouse" means "cramped and small"..."large and roomy" means "cramped and small".

In internet coupling, "petite" means "morbidly obese"..."Fit" means "morbidly obese"..."Athletic" means "morbidly obese" (because hey...Willie Roaf and Michael Oher are athletes I guess).

I'm thinking she should post a picture.

In internet coupling, "petite" means "morbidly obese"..."Fit" means "morbidly obese"..."Athletic" means "morbidly obese" (because hey...Willie Roaf and Michael Oher are athletes I guess).

I'm thinking she should post a picture.

They could just be "Short for their Weight" :)

AND this could be very legit!

She might just be looking for EXACTLY what she put in the post. That having been stated......Be nice!

Without trying to sound like a stalker, there is enough information in the post to do a cursory search on the person and I was even able to view dozens of photos. It turns out to be an attractive woman who has plenty of photos to support the jazz singer mention.

I'm only writing that to give the poster a bit of defense after the slew of doubtful posters replied!

I also don't consider my search any different from what I'd do on my own if I were going to rent a place, or rent a place to someone. Short of hiring a private investigator, I'd consider anyone who doesn't scour the internet for a few minutes a bit apathetic on something they shouldn't be.

There's a lot out there on the internet -- although this living space might suite a young professional who can't buy a place of their own but wants to live downtown much better than a pilot who wants a cheap place to sit reserve, it does look fully legit.

Thank you, doll (@ Nick). Yes, I am legit. And this condo is PHENOMENAL. A pilot met me today to check out the building. He was speechless. It is NOT "cheap" but it is worth it....

www.FlapperGirlSings.com

I know it isn't updated-- my web guy died. I'm also on FB. Yes, I am legit. And if you are a creep... FYI: I might have been a professional ballet dancer but now?: I'm a trained BOXER. And the doormen think of me as a daughter. HIGH SECURITY bldg. So, again, no rapist/stalkers/psychos.

I am legit. This is a phenomenal deal. I just need help with the rent. Nothing kinky, nothing weird. All above board. I'm very straight forward. Thank you SO MUCH dustoff17!!!! xoxoxo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back