Lost my best friend

EIR

It's 5 o'clock somewhere
This is what I have always dreaded, my wife calling me tonight while I'm out on the road about about our dog. Well, tonight I received that phone call while having dinner; long story short, she was hit by a car that never stopped. She lived a fabulous 1.5 years and was truly my best friend. She always welcomed me home with kisses, whines and plenty of hugs. It really hasn't sank in yet, I'm sure once I get home It'll be rough.

I felt bad about calling my dispatch and telling them I was airlining myself home. Our CP wasn't too receptive to it, but to be honest, this was my child, I don't care what he thinks. Man, this is the worst. I'm sure she's happy chasing tennis balls in dog heaven.

Last edited:
Very sorry to hear this. I know this is very painful for you and your wife. Our pets are really our companions, our friends and our family members. It's a wondrous and magical thing to know the love of an animal and return that love. I hope when your heart heals down the road, you will again take another dog into your home and into your heart. Again, I am truly sorry for your loss.

Really sorry to hear this Erik.. I wish you the best in getting through it, turbs was a fun pup!

Pets are definitely part of the family, I feel like my dog is my brother or son!
Sorry for the loss :(

I have two amazing dogs that are perfectly healthy and I already know the day its time for them to cross the rainbow bridge will be two of the absolute worst days of my life.

I've only had them in my life for 4 and 6 years respectively, but I can say without a doubt that they have given me more love in our time together than everyone else on the planet, except for my wife and my parents.

Sorry for your loss. :-(

Thank you guys for the thoughts, it is greatly appreciated. My wife and I are recovering slowly, we took a 3 day mini vacation to New Orleans to clear our heads and relax. We do plan on adopting another fur ball in the near future.

I'm really sorry to hear that :( My dogs are my children and I couldn't imagine having to go through that with them. Dogs are truly some of the sweetest creatures alive and are a great escape from some of the realities the world has to offer at times.

Back