After 14 years in Cleveland, moving to Nashville tomorrow.

Oxman

After 14 years, tonight is the last night in Cleveland. We bought a home just outside of Nashville. It's on 3 acres in the woods. (Perfect for my new Makro Legend metal detector).

1685203969670.png

1685204169908.png

The first choice we found had a guest house and lots of property. However, we were told by the home inspector to "run, don't walk away". The guest house was saturated in termites so bad that the floor joists were spongy. CRAP! In the meantime our house here was sold and now we have no where to go. Now the race is on. We drove back to Nashville to house hunt again. Finally, our magician/Real Estate Agent did a video tour of a house with us while we were in Ohio. She really knew what we were looking for/needed. It fit our needs with A LOT of land behind it. Even better, cheaper than the previous house. A 5 bedroom/5 bathroom with a deck off the kitchen. Perfect for the new Napoleon Prestige grill I have on my list. I gave my neighbor that dual gas/charcoal grill I had. I'm going to stain and add outdoor lighting to the deck with solar cap lights to the posts.

1685204686997.png

1685204815526.png

Now we're still packing from the first false alarm. Finally, I pack a 20 ft U-Haul with all that basement crap and deck furniture that would be a major pain in the ass for movers. I drove that 20ft truck to Nashville and put in storage a few miles from the house. I go on rotation to a new job and start learning how they operate. The real movers show up and we had our house in very organized and labeled Home Depot boxes ready to go. Our stuff will be there on 5/31.

The amount of Doc-U-Signing for selling and buying a house at the same time while using the VA is insane! I said "What else do they want?!" a hundred times.

But it's weird to be staying in a Air BNB in my town while in transit. Luckily we're in the home stretch. I have the utilities in my name starting on 5/30. I know when we get there new carpets have to go in and there will be painting. At least that is not a surprise.

I'm setting up the basement as an apartment for the mother in law. It has it's own bathroom and infrastructure for a kitchen with a first floor deck in the yard. She lost most of her eye sight from a stroke last year. I'll open the door and throw raw chicken down to her every now and then.

1685204640796.png

Last edited:
Congratulations. Nashville is a hot, hot market right now so it's great that you found a place that works for you.

Thompsons Station here, about 30 miles south of Nashville. Let me know if you need anything.

Never thought of that. Thanks. I'll remember that.
Like DE727UPS said. It’s close enough to Worldport where you can pick-up open time trips, but just outside the on call window. Unless you get the lucrative long callout.

Congratulations on the new home! I’m sold on the property, 3 acres sounds like a hell of a good time.

Congratulations. Nashville is a hot, hot market right now so it's great that you found a place that works for you.
"No-est of No-Jokes right now! Homes went contingent on Redfin on days we Favorited them to look at. We got into ours before it listed. Funny thing is, it's on a block we previously toured and passed on a house. We close today.

Like DE727UPS said. It’s close enough to Worldport where you can pick-up open time trips, but just outside the on call window. Unless you get the lucrative long callout.

Congratulations on the new home! I’m sold on the property, 3 acres sounds like a hell of a good time.
And we're told it has a creek. Time to learn how to make moonshine with out blowing myself up.

Reactions: EIR
We're in Pegram. I'm happy that Bellevue with Home Depot and sushi is 3 minutes away.

The area out by Pegram is gorgeous. Pro tip—buy a canoe or kayaks. The Harpeth river is essentially your backyard and is really pretty.

Bellevue used to be the shiz back in the 90’s, then became a joke, and now is doing well again. There’s good food now too—check out 615 chutney if you like Indian food.

Mmm, Indian food.

Now that chicken I have in the oven seems... ordinary.

Back