Location Survey

1) What ATP location did you attend?

Phoenix

2) Did you like your location?

Yes

3) From "the grapevine," what location is known to be best - overall?

Phoenix

4) If you were to it again, would you attend a different location? If so, which location?

No, Phoenix rules!

(common guys we all know PHX is better then Riverside, Do I need to give my big list again why PHX is better?)

Went to Daytona.

It was eh. very unorganized. did not like the manager and a couple other people.

wouldn't go there if i did it over again

Panama City, FL (PFN)

Yeah, I thought it was great and very relaxed... Mostly everyone got along.

From locations I have gone to, Panama City is the most chillax

4) If you were to it again, would you attend a different location? If so, which location?
Nope, Panama City again...

ATP Dallas (GKY)

I'm lovin in, and still am for the next 3 months

I hear its a close tie, GKY vs. PHX, sometimes Cali will get thrown in there

Nope, GKY is awesome...

Phoenix
Yes
Phoenix or Riverside
Would stick with Phoenix

Let met add an addendum to my post, I would go with RAL if I were guaranteed a bedroom in the disco apartment. With the correct keys to the door.

Stuart was the BEST place to be. It was not the location, it was the people I went there with. Still talk to them and hang out with them on occasion.
Stuart would not be the same today, I don't think we could re-create the cast of characters we had there.
Just like anything else in this industry, LUCK has everything to do with it.

Daytona Beach

It seemed to work no complaints.

Never heard anything thru a grapevine. I would bet smaller centers would be better.

Nah Daytona worked and I met alot of cool people and some not so great. Uncle Pete for one!

KGKY (Arlington)

Absolutely, great planes (mainly 07's when I was there) great maintenance, instructors, very minimal "white shirt" influence but it still occured from time to time. i.e. getting called in to sim at 9pm because a certain citation arrives and there better be someone in the sim when it gets there.

I would have to say arlington if your based there, its not good at all if your traveling through there and get to stay in one of the cubicle rooms with a curtain. The weather is great, the airport combined with the airspace gives you a priceless experience and more traffic avoidance than you could ever hope for. Getting a full arrival and then half of another one isn't uncommon coming back in.

tossup between arlington and houston. Houston was definetly more laid back at the time but I hear they have had some changes and their housing isn't up to par (or wasn't).

I was at Houston for the career program, and it was so laid back. The schedule was awsome, took a couple of extra months to get done but it was worth it. I had a great time.

Haha Mainer, he definitely makes this place so much better
Yeh he is a cool guy, just don't hide his treasure chest or hide his Brady Jersey, or replace his mattress with a 2nd box spring, or re-arrange his closet, or cough on his door knob,or give him an omlette with a dead lizard on the top of it, LOL. We had a fun time at SUA!

Back