Key Lime Air Piston Pay Raise

I made about 25k when I was there last year. That 30k is the raise. For those that want all day runs but don't get them the 25K is a good pay raise. Use to be KL didn't have to pay you anything if they didn't need you to fly a run that day. They had some extra pilots after Christmas.

Would definitely be interesting but I don't see how a union would be interested in Key Lime. Same issue goes for AMF other than the larger pilot group.

The owners have said if the pilot group unionizes, they would lock-out and shut down. Too many pilots there are either complete lifers, or airline rejects (which usually turn out to be cargo rejects.) The pay "raise" is a drop in a bucket that needs to be filled to improve quality of life there.

Also, KLA is currently in the process of suing 8 ex-pilots for training contracts. A company that is so hard-set on going after previous employees doesn't deserve new hires to replace them.

The owners have said if the pilot group unionizes, they would lock-out and shut down.
Management BS.
A. If they shut down for a week, UPS would have other feeders funneling planes to Colorado the next day and their contract would be null and void... forever.
If there is anything UPS hates more than paying a dollar more for the feeders, it is service failures.
B. Management doesn't want to look for new jobs either, especially while a pay check isn't coming in.

This sort of thing has been threatened by AMF management too. Though feeders need a union badly, the sad truth of it is that since the pilot pool turns over so rapidly, it won't really work.
Plus, I guarantee your recurrent won't go so well and you'll be on the street. No AMF pilots need to agree with me in public, they know it is true.
Exhibit A: San Juan.

The owners have said if the pilot group unionizes, they would lock-out and shut down.

I've heard that one before! :)

"Bearskin is ready to come to MKE and fly your routes if you vote for a union!" — Skyway Airlines Circa 1995.

Management BS.
A. If they shut down for a week, UPS would have other feeders funneling planes to Colorado the next day and their contract would be null and void... forever.
If there is anything UPS hates more than paying a dollar more for the feeders, it is service failures.
B. Management doesn't want to look for new jobs either, especially while a pay check isn't coming in.

When I left, more than half the revenue coming in was from 4 aircraft running their "scheduled" passenger runs and charters. The other half was UPS. They bought another DO-Jet when I left and some wing nut in the FSDO gave them a 121 certificate. I'm pretty sure KLA could do just fine without UPS.

The owners have said if the pilot group unionizes, they would lock-out and shut down. Too many pilots there are either complete lifers, or airline rejects (which usually turn out to be cargo rejects.) The pay "raise" is a drop in a bucket that needs to be filled to improve quality of life there.

Also, KLA is currently in the process of suing 8 ex-pilots for training contracts. A company that is so hard-set on going after previous employees doesn't deserve new hires to replace them.
Do they understand that they are bound by the RLA too and can't actually do that?

I thought pilots getting better pay was supposd to be a good thing. Now more money is suddenly not good enough?

I guess there's just no pleasng some people.

I thought pilots getting better pay was supposd to be a good thing. Now more money is suddenly not good enough?

I'd say it's more accurate to say that some people just don't know how to move on.

Well this "raise" isn't exactly that great. Good for KL but still less than the rest of the industry

Copper_eb440b_2164884.jpg

Back