Just landed a job with Bemidji

I may be guilty for dumping @DhruvK in front of a line coming down final before..He has magic eyes that apparently sees all and has a magic plane that can go from 8000 to 3000 in a few miles. but now we really can't do that with this CRO bullcrap.

You sound like you could play for the varsity! About 1 time out of 5, I'd run across a guy who knew "Rough Rider" meant "cleared direct to the threshold" from the infamous ATL downwind. A mitsi -60 with the big props could go down about 5000fpm at idle (generally NTSing the whole way) and do 250 to well inside the marker. It was glorious. Check plus.

You sound like you could play for the varsity! About 1 time out of 5, I'd run across a guy who knew "Rough Rider" meant "cleared direct to the threshold" from the infamous ATL downwind. A mitsi -60 with the big props could go down about 5000fpm at idle (generally NTSing the whole way) and do 250 to well inside the marker. It was glorious. Check plus.
Back when men were men, checks still flew, and turbine singles were an oddity. Gads, I was born too late :(.

Back when men were men, checks still flew, and turbine singles were an oddity. Gads, I was born too late :(.

We all were. There's some old bastard out there talking over a kettle of Millers about keeping the EGTs where they needed to be on a Beech 18, etc etc. Sic Transit Gloria Mundi and all that. Hell, I've never done a four course radio range, I'm a rook, too. On the plus side, you actually KNOW the Navaslow...and you can tell your grand-kids as their eyes slowly glaze over...

fig20_02.jpg

Brought to you by the same generation of Murican Engineering that brought you the Saturn V.

A buddy of mine once told me he liked the Pratt on a Pilatus because it was always smiling at him.

I told him the Garrett on the Metro was always frowning with a combination of disgust, exhaustion, anger, and wildness.

It's like dogs vs. cats. Dogs love you unconditionally, while cats are inwardly figuring out the best way by which to kill you.

We all were. There's some old bastard out there talking over a kettle of Millers about keeping the EGTs where they needed to be on a Beech 18, etc etc. Sic Transit Gloria Mundi and all that. Hell, I've never done a four course radio range, I'm a rook, too. On the plus side, you actually KNOW the Navaslow...and you can tell your grand-kids as their eyes slowly glaze over...
If I ever make captain on a multi crew aircraft I'm sure my copilots will get very bored of hearing about "back when I was flying/working on/managing a Navajo in Alaska...."

The Ed Swearingen version that strapped those on upside down is a catastrophe. I swear those pieces of trash need to go away.
I don't know how trustworthy it is, but the guy that taught my TPE331 line maint class said that Ed was not real popular in the engineering dept. at Garrett.

Back