Just landed a job with Bemidji

Did u find out about the job from my post? Just try to bone up on instrument skills hold entries, dme arcs, single engine procedures as much as u can.

Did u find out about the job from my post? Just try to bone up on instrument skills hold entries, dme arcs, single engine procedures as much as u can.
No iv been talking to the chief for some time and just now accepted it. Thanks I'll look over that stuff. Iv been a flight instructor for two years and this is my first 135 gig. I really don't know what to expect in ground school. Is it all lectures or all tests? Ha any input would be great. Thanks

Learn the v speeds on knots for the different queen air models. The airplane differences are the hardest thing. Nothing unusual in ground school. Alternate minimums might be new to you. I liked the ground school instructor. He's got a good sense of humor and alot of experience.

Congrats and welcome! Queen Air initial will be about 3-4 days of FAR 91/135, weather theory, SMS, CRM (geared towards a single-pilot operation), UPS/HAZMAT operations, and a few other items, followed by a couple days of Queen Air systems. Depending on how proficient you are IFR on steam gauges, you'll likely do a few runs in the sim practicing approaches and holding under SRM, and then do about 10 hours in the airplane before your checkride working on air work, single-engine procedures, and approaches both twin and single-engine.

If you're taking a Denver spot all the birds are G600 equipped with GTN750/650 stacks and autopilot. The Minnesota airframes are slowly bring retrofitted to that same setup. Chief pilot, DO, and all the staff are great overall and very pilot-friendly if you run into issues in training or on the line.

Congrats and hope you do well in training!
Do these guys ever need sic's? is there a stigma against leaving at 1500 if you come in at 1200?
I'm in need of some multi time to qualify for the regionals and am not opposed to a challenging experience. That said I don't want to lie to a company that is going to invest in me and say I plan to stick around for a year or more. Thoughts?

Congrats and hope you do well in training!
Do these guys ever need sic's? is there a stigma against leaving at 1500 if you come in at 1200?
I'm in need of some multi time to qualify for the regionals and am not opposed to a challenging experience. That said I don't want to lie to a company that is going to invest in me and say I plan to stick around for a year or more. Thoughts?

You can sure do it, but you're going to be paying back the training contract.

PS: This is why they have training contracts.

Bemidji Aviation does not have any SIC opportunites. If you leave before one year, you will have to pay back the six thousand amount listed on your training contract.

Bemidji Aviation does not have any SIC opportunites. If you leave before one year, you will have to pay back the six thousand amount listed on your training contract.

Darn. I am really close to 1000TT and wanted to know if they also had SIC opportunities. But i guess it does make sense to have a training contract in their situation. Sure would be nice getting some Queen time though.

Alpine air actually just brought their sic program back to life with major changes. I don't know all the details just second hand knowledge from a current employee I know. They pay you to fly, get to part 135 IFR mins in the 99 take your 135 check ride. I believe they will consider 900TT no less. Sign a 1 yr training contract after your pic check ride. Available locations are Billinsgs and possibly Denver. Show a positive attitude get a minimum of 100 hrs pic turbine and they just might upgrade you in the 1900....however that's another training contract so if you don't plan on sticking around don't do it.

Darn. I am really close to 1000TT and wanted to know if they also had SIC opportunities. But i guess it does make sense to have a training contract in their situation. Sure would be nice getting some Queen time though.
Ameriflight has paid SIC positions for the metros, 1900s, and the Brasilia. Once you hit 135 IFR mins you upgrade to PIC in the chieftain or beech 99. Also, there is no training contract.

I was offered a job flying a Queen air. I have ground school in a week. I was wondering if anyone could give me a rundown of what to expect in ground school, and how I can prepare myself for it.
Thanks

Sent you a PM.

Ameriflight has paid SIC positions for the metros, 1900s, and the Brasilia. Once you hit 135 IFR mins you upgrade to PIC in the chieftain or beech 99. Also, there is no training contract.
Almost all FO's are upgraded to the 99. In fact, I've never heard of one going to the Chieftain recently. They used to hire the occasional 99 and Chieftain paid FO as well in order to get lower time people in the door...Much better flying with a paid professional than flying with the Korean student pil....errr I mean FO's.

Don't get mad when I can't sneak you in front of the line at MSP, when our final is out to 30nm :p Congrats!

In ATL years ago they'd shoot the 99s and Scarevans off the front of the line, immediate 270, climb out over the top of the field.

But that's the varsity, obviously...

:D

In ATL years ago they'd shoot the 99s and Scarevans off the front of the line, immediate 270, climb out over the top of the field.

But that's the varsity, obviously...

:D
I may be guilty for dumping @DhruvK in front of a line coming down final before..He has magic eyes that apparently sees all and has a magic plane that can go from 8000 to 3000 in a few miles. but now we really can't do that with this CRO bullcrap.

Back