JFK DTW Freighters?

Doug, thanks I have taken FedEx a couple of times and use Delta a lot out of LGA and JFK. Thankfully Delta up gauged 2 RJ flights to a 320 and 88 or 717

Was just wondering if there were any c208s, Lears, or Falcons running between these two cities as last resort or more convenient night options.

Hey...Hey...it wasn't quite a boat anchor with the 675 up there. Well, I mean, at least not initially - initially it was like a kite string that had about 30' of string - you definitely couldn't go any higher, despite the fact that you desperately wanted to, and lower meant you'd be running through powerlines, trees and all sorts of other nonsense. Realistically, Cessna's EX is only marginally better - I've heard great things about the "big engine" TPE331 equipped airplanes, and rode in one once (it was glorious), but honestly, the 867 was only OK.

Haha! Jumpseat a C208 JFK-DTW! It'd only take 4 hours!

If it gets me home when I need to get there.

There's about an 9 hour window at night where there is no way to get get to Detroit from JFK/LGA. I was hoping there was a check runner or something running that late..

State Shuttle is $15, in uniform, to go from EWR to JFK. Used it often. Go to the "ground transportation" desk in EWR.

You've got to go over the Vera….Vernzan….Verranzano bridge to go between both airports so it's anywhere from 30 to 90 minutes in between.

AND you've got to deal with the NY-style "full accelerator, full brake" drivers though.

JFK RFD at 0217Z, sit the sort, RFD DTW lands 0913Z. The RFD hub only runs Monday night thru Thursday night. Let me know if you need any additional info.

Going the other way. DTW RFD at 0215Z landing JFK 1004Z.

I've called a few time to see about jumping on a C208, they are weight restricted.

Back