Jane Roberts article on FedEx talks...

I don't know how many but they are all based on your performance (ie. attendance, etc) so the employee 'chooses' how much of a raise he is going to get. You do the best in all categories and you will get the higest raise, it is up to you. But, again, paycuts have not been mentioned, so I don't know where that thought is coming from and keeps being mentioned??

[ QUOTE ]
Standard, but they didn't mention that the person who earns $63K in MEM probably has a low risk job where he can have a bad day and not end up in a body bag, couldn't pass the physical and probably spends most nights in the comforts of his own home instead of 12-day trips.

[/ QUOTE ]

63K??? That sounds high but you are right about that. Our Teachers, Police Officers, and Fireman don't even earn that much!

[ QUOTE ]

63K??? That sounds high but you are right about that. Our Teachers, Police Officers, and Fireman don't even earn that much!

[/ QUOTE ]

And that's a sad, sad thing. They do where I come from!!!

[ QUOTE ]
The average FedEx pilot makes $167,000 a year and works 13 days a month, according to data provided by FedEx.

The average household income in the United States is $42,409; in
Memphis, it was $63,680, according to the 2000 Census.

[/ QUOTE ]Seems the author threw some data out there, and then forgot to make a point about it. Hmmm, perhaps I should fill in the gaps.

The average household earner in Memphis:
1. Does not have a college education.
2. Did not scrap as a CFI for 2-3 years.
3. Did not pay tens of thousands of dollars for training
4. Will not lose his job if something odd shows up on his medical.
5. Will not be forced to retire at 60 years old.
6. Gets home about 5 or 6pm
7. Is home with his family on every holiday.

And while we're at it, let's take a look at the metric they like to use to compare a pilot's work to an average worker. THE DAY.
The average worker's day, where he leaves the house at 7am and gets home at 6pm (11 hours later).
There isn't really an average pilot's day, if I were to guess, I'd say he leaves for work at 3pm and gets back home three days later at 8pm. They count this as 3 or 4 days, but he's gone for 77 hours (that's 7 days to the average worker).
Bottom line is: Comparing days worked is misleading, and used by corporations to sway public opinion.

[ QUOTE ]
Seems the author threw some data out there, and then forgot to make a point about it. Hmmm, perhaps I should fill in the gaps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you,

Thank you,

Thank you.

Obi Wan is teaching you well young Jedi.

If I hear one more yahoo say how 'underworked' and 'overpaid' I am where darned near half of my income goes to taxes to keep their rugrats in school and I've only spent one Xmas and with family in the last 8 years, I'll probably go postal.

[ QUOTE ]

To the majority of CEO types, happiness is making as much money as possible, subject to few constraints. Now, if the FedEx CEO can get away with lowering salaries for thousands of pilots and in doing so bag both a higher salary for himself and greater corporate profits (which help the shareholders), should he do it?

"The last time the pilots threatened to walk, Fred Smith told them very eloquently 'You walk, I'll replace you,' "

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been tried before in the airline industry, Frank Lorenzo thought he would "stick it to labor" if they didn’t like it he’d just replace them, and where is Eastern Airlines today?

All that’s left is a nice commemorative plaque in ATL’s South Terminal.

Back