I have to wear a flight-suit again.

USMCmech

I just started at CareFlite flying a C90 out of GPM in the DFW area. The stable schedule really appeals to my family situation right now.

For some reason the flight suit doesn't fit quite the same as it did the last time I wore one when I was one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children.

I just started at CareFlite flying a C90 out of GPM in the DFW area. The stable schedule really appeals to my family situation right now.

For some reason the flight suit doesn't fit quite the same as it did the last time I wore one when I was one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children.
No more Chinese students?

Well done sir. Congratulations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I hated wearing a flight suit at first, but have grown to like it. More pockets than one knows what to do with!

I'm about to head in for my last shift tonight.

Since my wife passed away in August, I've been working a part time schedule of two night shifts per week. However, the company needs someone who can work full time which I just can't do on my own. Being a single dad is a full time job by itself. Our long time babysitter who watches the kids overnight is moving away at the end of this month as well.

I really enjoyed my time at Careflite and I hope that I will be able to return to work there when my kids are older, and my domestic life is more setteled. For the near future, I'll be taking care of my kids.

I'm about to head in for my last shift tonight.

Since my wife passed away in August, I've been working a part time schedule of two night shifts per week. However, the company needs someone who can work full time which I just can't do on my own. Being a single dad is a full time job by itself. Our long time babysitter who watches the kids overnight is moving away at the end of this month as well.

I really enjoyed my time at Careflite and I hope that I will be able to return to work there when my kids are older, and my domestic life is more setteled. For the near future, I'll be taking care of my kids.
Sorry to hear about your struggles. I pray everything turns out for the best.

I see them advertising for that position quite a bit. I'd always assumed it was because it was a bad operation. I'm glad to hear otherwise.

I see them advertising for that position quite a bit. I'd always assumed it was because it was a bad operation. I'm glad to hear otherwise.

There are three fulltime FW pilots, and the CP who is dual rated. The other two pilots have been at Careflite for a few years and are very happy there. They had a few pilots that didn't seem to "get" medevac flying, one who would turn down almost every flight due to weather, another who thought "in the vicinity of the airport" meant his home almost an hour away. I was very pleased with the schedule, pay, and the managment. My departure was entirely due to my homelife, and not reflective of the job. I honestly hope to go back there in a few years.

The guy they hired to replace me washed out of Flight Safety in the sims, so they are shorthanded again. If anyone here at JC is interested, PM me and I'll get your resume to the top of the stack.

Not surprising... One EMS company you're familiar with moved training in-house after their FSI washout rate got too high.
Having recently done an FAA rating add on at FSI....I weep for the future generations and they deserve to be replaced by robots.

Back