New FAA cardiac health rules not prompted by COVID-19 shots

Did they hand you your inalienable rights when you became an adult? That sure was nice of them.

Sure did. On my 18th birthday my father said to me “Happy birthday, I’m low on smokes, now go to the store and buy cigarettes for me.” When I asked for cash he politely reminded me that he provided 18 years of room and board. Welcome to adulthood.

Last edited:
Who gives you these inalienable rights you think you have?

They’re natural. Inherent from birth.

According the Declaration and the CFI A&P up there it's our creator. Are we acknowledging one of them today?

Yes, of course. My creator was the natural laws of this universe.

To paraphrase a great philosopher why didn't the creator start with the right to food, water and shelter?

Well, because those things have to be obtained, and you don’t have a right to what someone else has obtained. You have to do it yourself. Remember, the concept of natural rights means the rights you would have in the natural order of things outside of a given society. So you have a right to hunt and gather what is available.

So we had to amend the constitution and add some other rights that needed pointing out. Like, slavery.

As I said, the government doesn’t create natural rights, it can only violate them or protect them. In the case of slavery, the government was allowing the violation of the right of freedom.

Or women being allowed to voice their opinion by being allowed to vote. Is that an inalienable right?

No, voting is a legal right, not a natural one.

But lets not forget, that at any given point and time we can amend it again and take rights away. And if it can be amended and taken away by nothing more than popular vote then are they really inalienable in the first place? Words have meanings.

In that case, your natural rights still exist, they are merely being violated.

I think you should go read some political philosophy. The concept of natural rights dates all the way back to Ancient Greek philosophy, so you’ve got a lot of reading to do.

Adulthood is an arbitrary number.

On this we agree! The number is arbitrary, and I think it’s too young. Nevertheless, we do have a number, and your children are still not your property to do with as you please.

They’re natural. Inherent from birth.
You've changed the words of the context documents we are referring to. We aren't even having the same discussion now.

On this we agree! The number is arbitrary, and I think it’s too young. Nevertheless, we do have a number, and your children are still not your property to do with as you please.
We have a number? Where is that documented? Age of consent? Age to go to war? Age to smoke a cigarette? Which one of those numbers make one an adult?

You've changed the words of the context documents we are referring to. We aren't even having the same discussion now.

If we’re having a different discussion now, it’s only because you don’t know the history of where those words came from and the philosophy behind them. Get educated.

We have a number? Where is that documented? Age of consent? Age to go to war? Age to smoke a cigarette? Which one of those numbers make one an adult?

It’s called the age of majority, and every state has one.

Back