I hate jfk

It's impossible, at least in an "acceptable" timeframe, to just funnel people in the NYC/LA/SF metros into 1 airport without immediate uproar at the proposition. People who have the money\need to fly more than 1-3 times per year are the bread and butter of airlines and would go crazy if they now had to bus/train across NYC further than they already do. They don't care if 1 train takes them all the way and flight delays are slashed into 1/8th of the present day if it means another 30-60 mins of public transport. Mexico City, Dubai, Beijing ect show that the future is more urban airports because more people want flights that are closer to where they live, not airport consolidation. With that in mind, I'd argue the future is actually LGA/EWR/JFK forever hovering around max capacity while HPN, ISP, ect build up into larger airports, much like we saw with ONT and pre-pandemic SJC in recent years in other metros. The way airlines sell flights they know they can't staff and airports allow those flights despite overlapped gates daily in best-case scenarios is the way of our capitalist land. Trust me, big airports and the people running them only care about more, more, more. There is never an end to revenue and expansion. Efficiency, safety, and the environment are all an afterthought. Maybe. Murkieh.

Be more techbro #Ugh

FB_IMG_1694544579969.jpg

They tried to re-organize the airspace, including the arrivals and departures, out of NYC a few years ago. The rich people there lost their minds so that all went into the trash-can.
Were those the RNAV arrivals that connected to the approaches but never got used? I remember the charts being pushed to Jepp FD then they never got used.
All these horror stories make me appreciate the monotony of buzzing between the west coast and SDF.

Back