I hate jfk

You're literally responsible for it TRACON head.

Nah we touched down on the runway 30 min early. It’s the physical airport that’s the problem, especially having just come from the brand new Istanbul airport (which still has its issues, like there should be a better way than a 35 min walk between gates when transferring). The approach control for NY is world leading. (Also I only control for EWR, I don’t touch jfk arrivals)

Sorry for your troubles. That sounds painful. And I really do empathize.

Yet, the underlying question remains, if you had landed somewhere else and YOU missed your train by 7 min, would you hate that place?

Me? I'm not a hater. I'd just loudly blame the gub'mint and all the libtards for not allowing "Murica to be made great again. But... that's just me.

I'm not sure it's a fact, but maybe the good news here is... the train was operating on schedule. ??? IDK.
IMG_0773.jpeg

I am really not sure why I was sent to Los Angeles via WAVEY and IRQ, but I just imagined you or one of your coworkers laughing when they sent THAT via CPDLC.

We don't know either.

I think my favorite's the "It says this is required, why are you rejecting this required routing" and ZNY just comes back with "HEY FILE THE REQUIRED ROUTING".

And angrily hangs up the phone.

....(gestures toward OIS)

We don't know either.

I think my favorite's the "It says this is required, why are you rejecting this required routing" and ZNY just comes back with "HEY FILE THE REQUIRED ROUTING".

I had to search my electronic flight plan for WAVEY (we had the CDRs onboard, but that one was so mindblowingly stupid I didn’t see it when I read that section the first time).

I’m glad they keep you in the dark too. Glad-ish…(expletive) just rolls downhill and it’s more or less up to us to deal with same.

We don't know either.

One thing to know about ZNY TMU, because the training delays for the actual areas are so backed up, all trainees get sent first to TMU to certify there so that they can get a pay raise to almost afford to live on LI without starving. This means that ZNY TMU is almost 100% staffed with people who have never talked to a real plane before or done any actual ATC.

Nah we touched down on the runway 30 min early. It’s the physical airport that’s the problem, especially having just come from the brand new Istanbul airport (which still has its issues, like there should be a better way than a 35 min walk between gates when transferring). The approach control for NY is world leading. (Also I only control for EWR, I don’t touch jfk arrivals)
Well, something is broken, and I don’t think it’s just the physical field itself. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have spent 7:44 between JFK and LAX a few nights ago, 2ish hours of which was spent with one engine shut down on 13L.

Unless you’re a real baller CA knowing you‘d need an extra hour of fuel, you’re probably going back to the gate…and then leaving for your 7 hr westbound…
Christ, I love the 321 flight deck, but I wouldn’t want to be aboard that spam can for that long, comfortable or otherwise.

That whole area is broken. Beyond broken. I’m adamant that it’s a downward spiral because too many people that close together cause constant anger. I’ll say that ATC is mildly more efficient than other means of mass transit in the region but that’s about the kindest I can be.

It appears LGA said "hold my beer, watch this" over the weekend.

And Newark is always a mess.

Back