I hate jfk

I agree, they should shut-down Westchester and Teterboro.

They tried to re-organize the airspace, including the arrivals and departures, out of NYC a few years ago. The rich people there lost their minds so that all went into the trash-can.

Unless you’re a real baller CA knowing you‘d need an extra hour of fuel, you’re probably going back to the gate…and then leaving for your 7 hr westbound…
View attachment 73678

I've filed an ELVAE DIXIE Y495...on a IAH flight once... Very weird but very satisfying to see them takeoff after a 1hr taxi while everybody else westbound is stuck on COATE or BIGGY waiting for 2+ hours

Oohhhh man. Showed for an ANC red eye turn. At the NEPL lot 9:25 bud station, call it 9:30. Waited 45 min for a bus. Poor A FA was there too. I called into CS for her and gave her my full name and PS for a reference. Got tagged for a rando. Said F it and got coffee anyhow. 10:30 at the gate. Is pretty bad.

Chefs kiss was no airplane when I got there. Gotta love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haha omg. At least you got that coffee right? I am seriously thinking about just paying out of pocket for masterpark or something, next month when I come back. Good lord.

Side note on topic, I actually like the JFK long redeyes, as much as someone could say that. It's like a 30+ hr layover, and I just uber into Manhattan and go hang with my wife's aunt and uncle, who are cool and basically tour guides. They live a block from Yoko Ono's pad and Central Park west, so it is a pretty good area for grabbing some food/drinks, and the family hot goss.

Last edited:
It appears LGA said "hold my beer, watch this" over the weekend.

And Newark is always a mess.
I’ve actually long advocated closing EWR/TEB/LGA and building a new, proper airport somewhere northwest of the city/Tappenzee. Between a new proper international airport and jfk the whole airspace could be made much more efficient without the constraints of proximity caused by relying on airports just built up since the 1910’s.

Imagine getting to do this a couple times a week....(aside from the LIRR part). When you said 2020 showed that you could retire, I feel the same. I never EVER go to the airport now on time off. And I doubt I'll be going in retirement I hate travel that much nowadays.

Waking up at 3 or 4 am....Getting to do the Airtrain....Security randoms...go fly....deal with delays and nonsense....to only come back and spend 40 minutes trying to get to my car and then drive 2 hours home (I'm 40miles from JFK). It blows....I'm over it.
You literally couldnt pay me enough.

Goddamned 3rd world airport. 9 hours to fly from Istanbul to NY, 3 hours to clear customs, get my luggage, take shuttle to terminal 8, take air train to Jamaica. Then I miss my train by 7 min and now have to wait 53 min for the next one to take an hour eighteen min train ride home. • Long Island. Plane landed at 530 and I won’t be home til almost 10 and I only live 38 • miles away. /endrant
Clearly you’ve never been to any airport in India… super saturated and 3rd world are significantly different. However I do empathize with the pain you experienced while traveling. It sucks.

I’ve actually long advocated closing EWR/TEB/LGA and building a new, proper airport somewhere northwest of the city/Tappenzee. Between a new proper international airport and jfk the whole airspace could be made much more efficient without the constraints of proximity caused by relying on airports just built up since the 1910’s.

You could have an infinite sack of dollars, and this would still never happen.

haha omg. At least you got that coffee right? I am seriously thinking about just paying out of pocket for masterpark or something, next month when I come back. Good lord.

Side note on topic, I actually like the JFK long redeyes, as much as someone could say that. It's like a 30+ hr layover, and I just uber into Manhattan and go hang with my wife's aunt and uncle, who are cool and basically tour guides. They live a block from Yoko Ono's pad and Central Park west, so it is a pretty good area for grabbing some food/drinks, and the family hot goss.

Yeah the sad part is we have a couple more months of it

Just discussing this with my friends this morning.

Fully agree.

My 9:49 in a PA32 without a feeding tray, lumbar support, articulating seat, lavatory, or a flight attendant to feed me has entered the chat.

The glorious life of a ferry pilot.

I’ve got you beat.

In my blimp days I blocked 12.5 from Hartford, CT to Frederick, MD. Averaged less than 22 knots over the ground the whole flight and had to refuel en route as well. At least they got their sweet sweet aerial golf TV coverage tho!1!1!

No autopilot in these things either. Single Pilot.

They tried to re-organize the airspace, including the arrivals and departures, out of NYC a few years ago. The rich people there lost their minds so that all went into the trash-can.
Try again. They got this done in LA where the rich people are crazier, richer, and more powerful. And it’s seriously awesome. It went from a NY-esque experience of reroutes, getting slammed down early, forgotten about on a random vector, etc to…just riding the arrival down. My first time departing BUR after they got new procedures I was waiting for someone to give me the phone number. Just felt wrong bugging a flight level before takeoff. I’m sure the NIMBYs are indeed a factor but I think it’s also infighting between all the different facilities out there. Way fewer discrete approach controls out west.

I’ve got you beat.

In my blimp days I blocked 12.5 from Hartford, CT to Frederick, MD. Averaged less than 22 knots over the ground the whole flight and had to refuel en route as well. At least they got their sweet sweet aerial golf TV coverage tho!1!1!

No autopilot in these things either. Single Pilot.

Oh I remember the posts from you and another member (I think) about your blimping ain't easy days.

Try again. They got this done in LA where the rich people are crazier, richer, and more powerful. And it’s seriously awesome. It went from a NY-esque experience of reroutes, getting slammed down early, forgotten about on a random vector, etc to…just riding the arrival down. My first time departing BUR after they got new procedures I was waiting for someone to give me the phone number. Just felt wrong bugging a flight level before takeoff. I’m sure the NIMBYs are indeed a factor but I think it’s also infighting between all the different facilities out there. Way fewer discrete approach controls out west.

I agree in LA, but that ride into SAN......I guess god built the 737 with boards for a reason :)

Back