I hate jfk

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
Goddamned 3rd world airport. 9 hours to fly from Istanbul to NY, 3 hours to clear customs, get my luggage, take shuttle to terminal 8, take air train to Jamaica. Then I miss my train by 7 min and now have to wait 53 min for the next one to take an hour eighteen min train ride home. • Long Island. Plane landed at 530 and I won’t be home til almost 10 and I only live 38 • miles away. /endrant

Goddamned 3rd world airport. 9 hours to fly from Istanbul to NY, 3 hours to clear customs, get my luggage, take shuttle to terminal 8, take air train to Jamaica. Then I miss my train by 7 min and now have to wait 53 min for the next one to take an hour eighteen min train ride home. • Long Island. Plane landed at 530 and I won’t be home til almost 10 and I only live 38 • miles away. /endrant
I see my voodoo dolls have worked.

Reminds me of an experience I had arriving at EWR in July. Between the airtrain to the train station running infrequently at night, and the fact that they made us all get off of the airtrain at an intermediate stop and wait an extra 10 minutes for a different airtrain to take us the rest of the way, I ended up missing my NJ Transit train home by seconds, and had to wait a whole hour for the next one. To top it all off when I finally got on NJ Transit there were a bunch of hooligans singing, of all things, late 2000s and early 2010s pop songs the whole way home. And of course before that 1-hour gap between NJ Transit trains there were several earlier ones I could have caught if not for the horrible airtrain service and the fact that my deadhead home had to wait almost an hour for a gate.

Day in the life. Pretty much every time I’m coming home from a work trip… Good times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OOF!

Sounds like a day that ends in Y, and I consider JFK the best of all 3 NYC airports. I remember having Saturday morning shows and if you just missed the air train you were going to be late due to the ridiculous run times on Saturday mornings.

How's the NEPL bus been lately?

Oohhhh man. Showed for an ANC red eye turn. At the NEPL lot 9:25 bud station, call it 9:30. Waited 45 min for a bus. Poor A FA was there too. I called into CS for her and gave her my full name and PS for a reference. Got tagged for a rando. Said F it and got coffee anyhow. 10:30 at the gate. Is pretty bad.

Chefs kiss was no airplane when I got there. Gotta love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imagine getting to do this a couple times a week....(aside from the LIRR part). When you said 2020 showed that you could retire, I feel the same. I never EVER go to the airport now on time off. And I doubt I'll be going in retirement I hate travel that much nowadays.

Waking up at 3 or 4 am....Getting to do the Airtrain....Security randoms...go fly....deal with delays and nonsense....to only come back and spend 40 minutes trying to get to my car and then drive 2 hours home (I'm 40miles from JFK). It blows....I'm over it.

You're literally responsible for it TRACON head.

I am really not sure why I was sent to Los Angeles via WAVEY and IRQ, but I just imagined you or one of your coworkers laughing when they sent THAT via CPDLC.

Back