I didn’t really know Southern Airways was still a thing

colbert-popcorn-popcorn.gif

Not gonna lie, sympathy for these guys is fairly low. Google exists, and if you don’t wanna CFI you’re not exactly looking at top-tier operators with a wet commercial.

Not gonna lie, sympathy for these guys is fairly low. Google exists, and if you don’t wanna CFI you’re not exactly looking at top-tier operators with a wet commercial.

Have the safety issues at Southern been known for a long time? I've never looked for much information about Southern, but this is the first I've heard of any safety shortcomings there. Previously decent companies often go downhill for one reason or another. I don't know that Southern Airways pilots could have reasonably expected this.

With EAS being a political potato, how would Congresspeople respond to an EAS provider providing sub-standard service.

I guess what I'm asking is: Are they happy they can get anyone to fly the route, or is there always someone waiting in the Wings to replace them?

Peanuts to fly a booted van in ice. This isn’t 1995.
I’m surprised folks fall for that, but this article should be getting prospectives beating down the door!
Crap pay and a gander at the legal system! Woot!

Peanuts to fly a booted van in ice. This isn’t 1995.
I’m surprised folks fall for that, but this article should be getting prospectives beating down the door!
Crap pay and a gander at the legal system! Woot!
I ‘member when I did it for $60/day.

Did they sign the agreement? If so, and broke it early, then just pay the people and move on. You’re likely getting a 150K bonus from your new Regional so all this heartburn ain’t worth it IMO.

Back