Hurricane Hillary (CA, AZ, NV)

I’d normally say it’s much ado about nothing and the MSM just trying to fill time and get people riled up, but the last time this happened (1939) it was pretty bad. I looked at the gas gage on my truck and it was at 1/2 full so I topped it off, storm prep completed.

Well, just as I was about to climb on my JSX flight to Vegas, my flight home tomorrow cancelled. Apparently WN cancelled 50% of all flights out of LAS tomorrow, so I hopped in the car and went home. Oh well, maybe next time.

JSX terminal in DAL is pretty nice though!

PHX and LAS JSX terminals are pretty nice. BUR is kinda meh. Saw this sitting outside the JSX Term in LAS last month..
8d288d1e606bdc8fd27d6ce1ac730a78.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PHX and LAS JSX terminals are pretty nice. BUR is kinda meh. Saw this sitting outside the JSX Term in LAS last month..
8d288d1e606bdc8fd27d6ce1ac730a78.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My brother-in-law flies on JSX quite a bit and he loves them. Keeps asking me why I don't want to work there.

My brother-in-law flies on JSX quite a bit and he loves them. Keeps asking me why I don't want to work there.
Celebs and athletes use them all the time, so it seems good enough for those with the means for private transport. Pilots who are local to the Bay Area love it a lot, easy flying usually in good wx and home most nights. Pay isn't great though, especially if you come in with no ATP.

I’d normally say it’s much ado about nothing and the MSM just trying to fill time and get people riled up, but the last time this happened (1939) it was pretty bad. I looked at the gas gage on my truck and it was at 1/2 full so I topped it off, storm prep completed.

Be safe man. If it’s track is as forecast right now it might be catastrophic for Palm Springs, Barstow and any desert communities east.

If it goes at all west more towards the LA/Sam Bernardino county line, it could be epically bad for a whole lot more people.

My college in Claremont had this big wall on the north side of campus that the students would continuously paint all kinds of stuff on, but none of them knew it was put as a flood barrier there after the 1939 storm annihilated half the campus.

Want me to go to Cabo? Give me LAX as an alternate and 1 hr extra gas. Done.

Actually fairly smooth both flights. Cabo winds 130@26, greased it on for Rwy 16. Smooth on the way up too.

But I can’t take all the credit. I had help from a Delta Airlines upgrade on my plane………..

71D5F7F4-BE38-4A15-A503-42EF40280970.jpeg

Be safe man. If it’s track is as forecast right now it might be catastrophic for Palm Springs, Barstow and any desert communities east.

If it goes at all west more towards the LA/Sam Bernardino county line, it could be epically bad for a whole lot more people.

My college in Claremont had this big wall on the north side of campus that the students would continuously paint all kinds of stuff on, but none of them knew it was put as a flood barrier there after the 1939 storm annihilated half the campus.
It looks like it's tracking up the west coast of Mexico, which is good because it will encounter the cold water currents and lose steam on it's way north before it makes landfall. It seems like a more realistic forecast would be a strong tropical depression with heavy rain and strong winds. My cable company sent me an email reminding me that I might experience an outage and if my power goes out I should call LADWP. Really? No kidding? The leaseholder for the complex of hangars at KVNY I work in sent out an email suggesting that anything stored directly on the floor might get wet. Brilliant!. Despite most peoples opinion we do get some fairly rowdy storms here, especially this last winter. I'm not trying to discount what's possible but it sure seems as if the news is using this storm to fill up as much of their allotted broadcast time as possible. If anyone isn't prepared for a couple of days without power it's their own damn fault.

I'm not trying to discount what's possible but it sure seems as if the news is using this storm to fill up as much of their allotted broadcast time as possible. If anyone isn't prepared for a couple of days without power it's their own damn fault.

Yeah news organizations love to pump up a good weather event.

There’s meteorologist who runs a Houston weather-centered blog whose day job is for Shell, and he’s known for not being sensationalistic—when the news is like “OMG this tropical depression will be the next Harvey!” he usually is like “don’t worry about this”.

He’s pretty worried about this storm for SoCal though. It’s impossible to say what may or may not flood, but more than an inch or two in the mountains will flush a lot of stuff out with a lot of energy. We might get to see the kind of event that put 1-2 foot rounded boulders all over the San Gabriel valley.

More proof that ‘Airlines’ is one word. It is Delta Airlines, it says it right there!

It literally says “Delta Air Lines”.

Back