Hurricane Hillary (CA, AZ, NV)

I’ve seen what happens in FL and LA when they get frost on the ground, they have no right to speak to anyone about anything.
Agreed. When the Great Graupel Storm of 2022 rolled through I actually used 4WD in my neighborhood. I've also seen the NE buckle under temps we consider normal here. One thing I've never done at my house in SoCal is shovel snow, except for a rental up in the mountains. Do you know about mountains? So far this storm has been a nothing burger, I haven't witnessed a deluge yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
0F69F7E5-7116-4F35-AC76-2E1E383C3BC5.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve seen what happens in FL and LA when they get frost on the ground, they have no right to speak to anyone about anything.
You are not kidding. If the temperature is going to get around the freezing point the lead story on the news is about “the deep freeze” and how to protect your beloved plants.

You are not kidding. If the temperature is going to get around the freezing point the lead story on the news is about “the deep freeze” and how to protect your beloved plants.
That's true. We also never suffer burst plumbing from a freeze, snow days or 138 car pile-ups on the interstate. I leave my plants outside, I only have two, and year after year they still seem to thrive. 20 years in the same little pots, at this point they're almost pets. Why would you disparage anyone whose life is not as hard as yours?

Don't want to de-rail too much, but I've given them consideration in the past since I'm typed in the 145 now. It seems like they're doing fewer day trips than they used to, though.
Dunno about other bases, but I know 4 people at OAK who almost never spend the night on the road and rarely end up doing legs beyond out and backs to OAK, with the occasional LAS or SNA to Texas or Colorado leg or OAK-LAS-CCR-LAS-OAK or something. They're all F/Os tho, 2 of which are ducking upgrades for QOL since they think in the current market TPIC isn't worth the effort there and they want to move on rather than upgrade. This is probably accurate as in the last year I've seen 2 buddies go from right seat JSX for about 1 year to Hawaiian and United respectively with 0 TPIC and no previous turbine time (unless you count right seat Caravan time as turbine for one of them LOL) before JSX. And no college either, though the one who went to UA had worked there in airport roles in the past. What a time to be alive. Then again, I see buddies with multiple airline transport type ratings and years of flying the line at ULCCs or regionals get turned down by majors while people like those I mentioned from JSX somehow make it through. Kind of like the Wild Wild West these days.

Last edited:
Things are back to normal in SoCal, we just had a 5.1 earthquake.

Did you feel it? I didn't feel it. I was talking on the phone with my mom and she informed me that my ground was shaking, I suggested she should go #$@! herself. I love my mom but I can't absorb nonsense.

Did you feel it? I didn't feel it. I was talking on the phone with my mom and she informed me that my ground was shaking, I suggested she should go #$@! herself. I love my mom but I can't absorb nonsense.

After landing, my wife text me an earthquake just happened. She said she felt it.

(We live in Torrance).

I was sitting in my plane at Chino, adding a checklist to my new GPS and I felt it.

Anybody thinking about an Avidyne slide in replacement for a Garmin 430 or 530? I just did one, cheap, fast and easy! As the aircraft owner I can legally do it myself. They even send the logbook entry.

I was sitting in my plane at Chino, adding a checklist to my new GPS and I felt it.

Anybody thinking about an Avidyne slide in replacement for a Garmin 430 or 530? I just did one, cheap, fast and easy! As the aircraft owner I can legally do it myself. They even send the logbook entry.
Did you? I was sitting in the eastern part of the San Fernando Valley and if my mom hadn't mentioned it I wouldn't know. You're a long stretch from Ojai and about as sharp as a rolling stone.

Did you? I was sitting in the eastern part of the San Fernando Valley and if my mom hadn't mentioned it I wouldn't know. You're a long stretch from Ojai and about as sharp as a rolling stone.
Yeah, we know you don't like him. Quit being a 5 year old, will ya?

Back