Hey Doug E. Fresh!

tonyw

I was looking at some of the upgrade packages and that suite is looking, well, pretty sweet!

I was thinking of seeing if anyone wanted to go in and split that upgrade.

But, before I start asking, I need to know if that counts for multiple nights for each night booked or if it's just another room.

I'll only do it if it's multiple nights for each night booked in there.

I believe as long as you book under the links provided and the url contains:

https://aws.passkey.com/event/11656327 your room would count under the 'needed rooms'........

Not what he asked. If he splits a two bedroom suite with somebody else, it is DECREASING the total number of rooms sold (because somebody who would be getting another room is now with him), unless the upgraded room counts towards more than one room of the block.

Not what he asked. If he splits a two bedroom suite with somebody else, it is DECREASING the total number of rooms sold (because somebody who would be getting another room is now with him), unless the upgraded room counts towards more than one room of the block.

Eh, I read this: "I was looking at some of the upgrade packages and that suite is looking, well, pretty sweet!" and figured that was the question for the most part. It would seem obvious to me that is you cannot split an upgrade but cannot 'split' a room. I suppose you could easily split a room, but that would obviously be less room nights....We (Attendees) are booking rooms not upgrades........I dont think there are bonus points for an upgraded room. Doug had an answer somewhere to the booking formula....

No bonus points for upgraded room.

From my understanding....However many nights you book the room (multiple nights) goes to our total room quota (for Tues-Thur). So if you book for Tues - Thurs, then that's 3 room nights.

However, we only garner the room nights booked for the one person that books the room, not for multiple occupants. So, if you split a room with someone, then we miss out that added room booking for however many nights the person (or people) are staying in the room with you. .

Also, the folks staying in the room with you would have to pay the registration price of the event with no hotel as your confirmation number couldn't be used since the room booking isn't under their name.

Hope that answers the Q Tony! :)

Thanks, Kristie. I know that I've been part of meetings where if you booked a premium room it counted extra for room nights. I was able to cost justify having a suite by saying, look, it's either a suite or rent a meeting room and the meeting room with catering and drinks is a whole hell of a lot more expensive. Plus, we get credit for multiple room nights.

I was hoping it would be the same here but it's not. So ixnay on the uitesay.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't count extra....but I'll check with them anyhoo to find out.

It sounds like what you're talking about is having an event in a suite vs a meeting room which is different than booking a suite for a stay.

It sounds like what you're talking about is having an event in a suite vs a meeting room which is different than booking a suite for a stay.

I've been to conferences before where the number of nights credited was a multiplier depending on the type of room booked. A standard room was 1. A suite was 1.5 and so on. Not always like that though.

I was looking at some of the upgrade packages and that suite is looking, well, pretty sweet!

I was thinking of seeing if anyone wanted to go in and split that upgrade.

But, before I start asking, I need to know if that counts for multiple nights for each night booked or if it's just another room.

I'll only do it if it's multiple nights for each night booked in there.

Multiple nights under the rate code helps with our minimum. Hell, if you know people that are looking for a Vegas getaway that aren't pilots, they can use the code as well. I'd really rather sell out of hotel rooms.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't count extra....but I'll check with them anyhoo to find out.

No, for every night booked in a suite, they credited us with two room nights. Booking the suite for four days was worth eight room nights instead of the four a normal room would have gotten.

Back