Fully autonomous stealth fighter demonstration in Charleston today

I'm mildly interested in why the "missing wreckage" part is being so publicized. The same could be said for many aviation mishaps, military included. It is kind of an unusual narrative to be focusing on. I doubt the team is far from the wreckage as we speak.

I'm mildly interested in why the "missing wreckage" part is being so publicized. The same could be said for many aviation mishaps, military included. It is kind of an unusual narrative to be focusing on. I doubt the team is far from the wreckage as we speak.

I talked to a friend who is part of the SAR team there. They had been asked to help and the info he had was that the military had nothing more than a trail of radar pings heading in a constant direction after the pilot ejected, but had no idea if the plane had gone down (there were no signs of it near the end of the radar trail) or had kept flying.

I talked to a friend who is part of the SAR team there. They had been asked to help and the info he had was that the military had nothing more than a trail of radar pings heading in a constant direction after the pilot ejected, but had no idea if the plane had gone down (there were no signs of it near the end of the radar trail) or had kept flying.

Fair enough, but sounds like plenty of other aviation mishaps. We don't carry location trackers on our aircraft, other than a seat activated beacon (that lives in the seat). Successful ejection narrows down the search volume tremendously. I'd put 100% of my lifetime earnings on a bet that they will find it in the next few days, with or without this strange plea to the public. Which makes me confused?

F* autonomous aircraft, and the people that commissioned, designed, built, or wanted/want them.

😛

The US military has asked the public to help find its missing F-35 jet after the pilot had to eject while training over South Carolina on Sunday.

In a Facebook post, Joint Base Charleston said it was "responding to a mishap involving an F-35B Lightning II jet from Marine Fighter Attack Training Squadron (VMFAT) 501 with the 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing."

"Emergency response teams are still trying to locate the F-35. The public is asked to cooperate with military and civilian authorities as the effort continues," it added.

The appeal, posted on X, formerly known as Twitter, encouraged anyone with information to contact its operations center.

We don't carry location trackers on our aircraft, other than a seat activated beacon (that lives in the seat). Successful ejection narrows down the search volume tremendously. I'd put 100% of my lifetime earnings on a bet that they will find it in the next few days, with or

Don’t all the F-18’s have DFIRS? Of course, they don’t stay with the plane after an ejection.

Fair enough, but sounds like plenty of other aviation mishaps. We don't carry location trackers on our aircraft, other than a seat activated beacon (that lives in the seat). Successful ejection narrows down the search volume tremendously. I'd put 100% of my lifetime earnings on a bet that they will find it in the next few days, with or without this strange plea to the public. Which makes me confused?

Bro, they’re trying to get to the secret alien weapons they’re testing on this thing before uncle kleetus finds it in his backyard.

That makes sense. Based on my experience army aircraft need all the help they can get.
1695076124023.gif

Back