Fully autonomous stealth fighter demonstration in Charleston today

Does someone who ejects have to go into an aircraft that’s doesn’t have an ejection seat? Like is spinal compression bad enough that a second ejection would be no bueno?

Also, do you get to keep the seat or get a tie from Martin Baker?

Always wondered :D

Depends on if any injuries sustained.

Does someone who ejects have to go into an aircraft that’s doesn’t have an ejection seat? Like is spinal compression bad enough that a second ejection would be no bueno?

Also, do you get to keep the seat or get a tie from Martin Baker?

Always wondered :D

Like Mike said, I suppose in the event that there was some sort of permanent back/spine injury. That isn't real common in my seat at least. The only people I can think of who had those sorts of injuries were too broken to fly anything afterwards. Don't get to keep the seat, but I have heard about the tie thing as well. There is also a special Bremont watch that you can purchase with a unique red barrel to signify the event. Only folks who have ejected can buy it.

I flown with a former F4 driver who had two ejections from the plane within a few years.

I flew with a Vietnam vet that not only got shot down in a O-1, but F-4 as well.

He had resources in the F-4 but he said the worst was the O-1 because he lived because of luck but dangled in the tree canopy for a day with parts of the wreckage and would hear "too much ******* Vietnamese at night because they were looking for me"

Also have flown with someone that punched out in a Martin-Baker seat, it didn’t seem to slow down their career at all.

Back