From the Frontier (Union) Perspective...

If Starbucks started charging 5 cents for whipped cream on their frappucinos or coffees it wouldn't be an increase in the price of their coffee.

If a burger place started charging for cheese it isn't increasing the price of their hamburgers (without cheese.)

I have to agree with ATN and Spira; we're arguing over nit-picky details, but the ticket price hasn't increased, the total cost to fly has increased. And if you asked someone what it cost to fly, they'd probably say "the ticket cost XXXX, but I had to pay XXX to check my bag/fly in an exit row/buy a drink". So, no, I don't think the flying public looks at that as an increase in ticket prices.

Thank you!!!!!!
:yeahthat:
I have to agree with ATN and Spira; we're arguing over nit-picky details, but the ticket price hasn't increased, the total cost to fly has increased. And if you asked someone what it cost to fly, they'd probably say "the ticket cost XXXX, but I had to pay XXX to check my bag/fly in an exit row/buy a drink". So, no, I don't think the flying public looks at that as an increase in ticket prices.
:yeahthat:

And you're a jerk for calling me clueless...just go back from a 4 day, almost every leg full and 30-40 checked bags on the load sheet.

Mine was the other way around. 15-10 checked bags with 30-40 "gate checks." Not that it makes any difference weight wise anymore.....

You guys don't use different weights for check bags versus gate checked bags?

We don't either. I think we did at Eagle, but I don't remember. That was a total cluster on the ATR where there was sometimes a specific carry-on baggage compartment that was handled differently from gate-checks (even though on other models it was just a normal cargo pit).

We don't either. I think we did at Eagle, but I don't remember. That was a total cluster on the ATR where there was sometimes a specific carry-on baggage compartment that was handled differently from gate-checks (even though on other models it was just a normal cargo pit).
I know when I was working the ramp in MCO; we used different weights as well as Chautauqua, ASA, and Freedom. I'm not sure if that has changed or not since then.

Mesa doesn't either, 30lbs for carryons. Only thing we weighed different is like ski boots and skis,I think. Maybe golf clubs, or something preppy. I can't remember -- and don't have to anymore! Kekeke.

WHAT ELSE DOES US AIRWAYS SELL? TIRES?????

Actually, once I was on an unexpected overnight in LGA due to the plane going tech, when the redeye came in the next morning with our mechanics the ramp noticed a huge bolt lodged into one of the tires. We had to have one flown in from DCA that we purchased from US AIRWAYS. lol.

Back