For the non-pilots...

kellwolf

Piece of Trash
Was talking to Nessa about this trip tonight, and it looks like we're gonna try hard to be there....all THREE of us. I brought up the tower/TRACON thing and mentioned that it probably wouldn't be her deal. She agreed and wondered if there was anything planned for SOs and kids while the rest of us flying dorks are checking out the cool view and the dark rooms. Might be an opportunity for PilotFamilies.com to spread its wings a bit with a separate event running at the same time as the tower/TRACON tour.

Just a thought, and I'll get her over there and registered on PF.com as soon as she kicks this flu thing....

I think my wife and two kids are coming up also for this get together. I said Chicago and I had total attention while I made my pitch. She hasn't been there since she was in the Navy also.

As present plan, My wife and I might bring our "entourage" with us. Museum campus would be fun for kids.

We should call - NJC Chicago - Next Generation Style :)

I was thinking it might be a good time to hit hte aquarium with the kids... kids love watching and trying to interact with the fish!

but yea... let's plan on the aquarium during the tower/approach tours..that way, it'll keep the kids busy!!

tickets will have to be set up individually (when you get to the aquarium) since they don't offer group discounts or what not... and since i haven't decided if i'm going on the Tower or approach tours myself.

I have a feeling everyone's going to want to go to MOSI on friday afternoon, otherwise i'd suggest that.

is it near a train station? and how far from downtown??

Free is great but for those who haven't been to chicago before, i've heard the aquarium is worth the effort and it's not every city that has an aquarium like they do a zoo.

the aquarium and zoo, i think are gonna be good for smaller kids whereas MOSI might be better for those in school because of the learning experience...

whatever you want to do.. i'm willing to set up :)

Back