Denied jumpseat- help from Delta/Comair guys please!

I just wonder how these people keep their jobs. My coworker was in a rush and forgot to on load 2 non-revs and got suspended for a day for it. You dis-service passengers, revenue or non-rev, there should be action from the higher-ups to make sure you don't repeat it. How any supervisor can be satisfied with the CS teams you guys are talking about, it blows my mind.

Especially ATL and JFK!:D Sometime I feel like I'm at a Popeyes instead of standing in front of a gate podium in ATL.

"we axe you to please board wit yo zone numbah"

Yeah, its embarrassing. Except at Popeyes (side note...did you know that they're owned by the Catholic church? Pope Yes!") they say "welcome to Popeyes". Whereas most gate agents avoid eye contact what so ever.

Though jumpseating home the other day I was a little scared. I walked up to the gate, the agent looked at my nametag and handed me my jumpseat request cards before I even said anything other than "good afternoon, how are you today?". I had to look around to make sure I was actually in Atlanta.

Especially ATL and JFK!:D Sometime I feel like I'm at a Popeyes instead of standing in front of a gate podium in ATL.

No, at Popeye's they say, "Wha yo wan Baby!" and are happy to see you. The gate agents aren't as friendly, but all it takes is a smile on your part and a kind word to break the ice.

JFK and Philly. Gate agents at those two places always look miserable and no matter how friendly and polite I am, I'm always greeted with a bad look.

What I find funny is how different LGA and JFK are. It seems the guys at LGA (at least in the Delta/NW terminal) are a lot nicer than their JFK counterparts yet it's people from the same city...must be a better HR department or something.

Wow, there must be pretty low moral at other companies. Our Brasilias get weight restricted all the time, even if we have all the revenue pax on, we'll always work until the door closes putting carry-ons in empty seats and what not trying to get all the non-revs on. Whereas I've seen mainline agents at SFO let a flight go with seats on it and not bother to put the non-revs on because by the time they realize it, they'd get a delay putting them on. Mr. Gulley would know all about that.

As far as sending non-revs down at the last minute. I had a flight to SLC about to push 10 early with 20 open seats when 3 non revs ran up off a late flight about to be stuck for the night. The door was about the close, and the jetway was pulled but i told them to follow me, told the ramp the new count over the radio, and brought them downstairs to the ramp and got them on. Flight still got out 6 minutes early. Not the first time thats happened.

I'm sorry, but all this whining that gate agents don't look out for non-revs, maybe you had a few bad experiences, but Skywest's SFO operation is pretty big and hectic, we're usually understaffed and overwhelmed with quickturns, and we still manage to look out for employees, and usually treat them great. And saying we're the only ones who do that is ridiculous. Sure there are a few bad apples in any operation, we have them too, but I travel a lot and the majority of the time I get help if I ask for it.
Ahhhh, what was my little friends name?

If i get this Swissport job, I'll make sure im not like him.

At least he came back and apologized, even if it included "there's no reason to involve management" haha.

I just wonder how these people keep their jobs. My coworker was in a rush and forgot to on load 2 non-revs and got suspended for a day for it. You dis-service passengers, revenue or non-rev, there should be action from the higher-ups to make sure you don't repeat it. How any supervisor can be satisfied with the CS teams you guys are talking about, it blows my mind.

If there was any action against the gate agents in NY, I would really be impressed, and in some cases-it really is needed.

There have been alot of issues here in JFK for non-rev problems, especially on the DCI gates. It can be a problem to get them together all the sudden when flights are ready to board, and they dont wait for non-rev's......that is if they even call for them.

Jumpseating is just as big of a problem.

If there was any action against the gate agents in NY, I would really be impressed, and in some cases-it really is needed.

There have been alot of issues here in JFK for non-rev problems, especially on the DCI gates. It can be a problem to get them together all the sudden when flights are ready to board, and they dont wait for non-rev's......that is if they even call for them.

Jumpseating is just as big of a problem.

Ha! Especially if you're jumpseating out of that one corner gate. I forget what it is. Gate 22? ...the one in the corner with all the CRJ DCI flights.

"we axe you to please board wit yo zone numbah"

Yeah, its embarrassing. Except at Popeyes (side note...did you know that they're owned by the Catholic church? Pope Yes!") they say "welcome to Popeyes". Whereas most gate agents avoid eye contact what so ever.

Now I have to clean my monitor.

So true, EMU, so true.

Warm bodies, please apply. ATL is becoming an extreme embarassment.

The good ones took the early outs, and we get what we pay for.

I have never had any problems in ATL with Delta. They are always nice to me.

Now I have to clean my monitor.

So true, EMU, so true.

Warm bodies, please apply. ATL is becoming an extreme embarassment.

The good ones took the early outs, and we get what we pay for.

I tried to get a job as a gate agent but they wanted me to quit AE.

I have never had any problems in ATL with Delta. They are always nice to me.
That's because you don't work for Delta or DCI. I've seen them treat paying passengers pretty awful too. You must be lucky and find the nice gate agents. I actually had one the other day!:eek:

I tried to get a job as a gate agent but they wanted me to quit AE.
You might want to try for a ready reserve spot. Less demanding as far as scheduling, so it might be worth a try if still interested.

Chris i'm sorry but i've still not heard from my gate agent friend in CVG, she still might be dealing with leave after having a newborn, havent any more yet.

Back