Delta Negotiations Update

That crapfest is nothing more than an echo chamber of the same 30 or so hardcore DPAers. They only look at the worst and not the whole. One example is the JV language. They focus on the 48% and say, "We are giving up 2%!!" No, that's what we are flying now. As for the floor the company can drop to, 46, they have to maintain a MINIMUM of 650,000 BL of WB and 757 flying. Basically, if they drop the JV flying to 46, the international flying has to be made up in another international market. Not a loss of jobs, just a shift of jobs. Still DL pilots, flying DL metal internationally. It's a protection we don't have currently. More importantly, we got rid of the "cure period."

It's important to look at the whole, not cherry pick what looks like the worst. But you can't tell them that. You'll be blasted as a sellout. Much like the Dems are all for diversity, until you disagree with them.
I get What you are saying but there is a potential issue with it. How many international wb and 757 hours are we flying now? How many would we be flying at 46.5%? I haven't seen that number anywhere. So say we are currently flying 700k and we drop to 46.5% and that takes us to 655k then there is no harm no foul we just lose flying because it's still above the 'minimum'

I get What you are saying but there is a potential issue with it. How many international wb and 757 hours are we flying now? How many would we be flying at 46.5%? I haven't seen that number anywhere. So say we are currently flying 700k and we drop to 46.5% and that takes us to 655k then there is no harm no foul we just lose flying because it's still above the 'minimum'
I saw the number 680,000 somewhere but don't remember if that is accurate. It just sticks out on my head as someone saying that's our current level. Could be wrong on though.

I saw the number 680,000 somewhere but don't remember if that is accurate. It just sticks out on my head as someone saying that's our current level. Could be wrong on though.
Okay so 680k. 1% reduction is 6,800 hours. Take it from 50% to 46.5% and you are still above 650k hours. So exactly as I pointed out we will reduce flying and still remain in compliance.

Okay so 680k. 1% reduction is 6,800 hours. Take it from 50% to 46.5% and you are still above 650k hours. So exactly as I pointed out we will reduce flying and still remain in compliance.
I bet 680,000 is global hours and not just Trans Atlantic hours. That 1% reduction is probably a lot less than 6,800. I thought I read the 1% drop is something around 1 round trip per day.

We're not at 50%. We currently only fly 48.? Of the EASKs now. The whole point between 48 and 46 is to give the company some accumulator space if Europe goes down. Flying empty planes back and forth doesn't make sense and loses a whole lot of money. Better to be able to move the flying to SA or Aisa if need be.

We're not at 50%. We currently only fly 48.? Of the EASKs now. The whole point between 48 and 46 is to give the company some accumulator space if Europe goes down. Flying empty planes back and forth doesn't make sense and loses a whole lot of money. Better to be able to move the flying to SA or Aisa if need be.
Right, but fact doesn't change. We can reduce the TATL flying and not redeploy anywhere else because it would still remain above the 'floor' so it becomes a complete loss to us as pilots

I bet 680,000 is global hours and not just Trans Atlantic hours. That 1% reduction is probably a lot less than 6,800. I thought I read the 1% drop is something around 1 round trip per day.
I believe the negotiators said 1% is 4 daily round trips

Pilot Ambassador?

IMG_3174.JPG

Yeah you're right

I read that as well, and it is incorrect. We fly a bit over 100 round trips a day, so they are off by almost a factor of 4!

Sad thing is that these guys wrote the language..they need to be able to back up the correct math :) While studying up on this topic all kinds of fuzzy math from pilots has been presented. Is it a 2% drop a 4% drop block hours 688,000 (which I saw today) or 680,000 , 4 crews or 10 crews per percent etc. I'm horrible with public math as well, but its comical to see all the different answers out there.

I'm about to start wearing my pilot mentor lanyard again..although I hate the stares from peeps thinking i'm MNGT or from flight standards. I may just be a rebel and start rocking the college lanyard again. The colors are close enough to the orange ones currently being worn.

I was dumb to support the last deal. Very dumb. This is much much better. Shopping time now. About to go grab one of those LG OLED TVs. Breathtaking picture quality. Now that's what I call QOL

Not that I don't think you guys will pass this but...

Buying something based on assumed future income or bonuses is kind of dumb.

And you just finished saying that you were dumb to support the last deal.

Don't go 2 for 2. Hell, in baseball batting .500 is something that gets you to Cooperstown.

Back