Delta Negotiations Update

Seggy

Dear Fellow Pilot,

Mediated negotiations resumed this week in Baltimore. I spent the week with our Negotiating Committee to support their efforts. While not physically at the bargaining table, I was with the committee for all their deliberations and did address management’s negotiating team on
the first day. My message was simple: it is time to conclude these negotiations.

To do so, we needed to see significant movement. We restarted the negotiating process almost one year ago by focusing on the sections of the rejected tentative agreement the pilots found objectionable. One of the last “toxic” items to deal with is management’s proposal to modify profit sharing.

When the National Mediation Board (NMB) set the schedule to meet this week, it was prepared to continue mediated talks the following week if sufficient progress was being
made. For me, and our Negotiating Committee, a “go-no go” item was management’s profit sharing proposal.

Unfortunately, management’s latest proposal retains changes to profit sharing we cannot accept and they have not addressed several of our must-have items. Their present table
positions ignore the exceptional contributions and investments of the pilot group during bankruptcy, through the merger, the recent computer outage, and during the current
unprecedented success of our airline. Since there was not enough progress to warrant a meeting, I cancelled the special MEC meeting scheduled for next week. Instead, your representatives will be in the lounges.

It’s time for management to get serious at the bargaining table. Once again, I am asking for your help. Look for a Get Serious call-to-action next week. We must send a strong message to
Delta management that the time to conclude this agreement is now. As noted above, your elected representatives will be in the pilot lounges next week to answer your questions and provide information on how you can help. Please take the time to get engaged. The process
thrives when pilots are actively involved in the direction of their union. Look for upcoming SPSC communications detailing activities and events where you can participate.

It is way past time for these negotiations to be concluded in a manner that reflects the contribution we add to Delta. Everyone else has been rewarded: other employees,
shareholders and management. The MEC will meet in Atlanta beginning September 19.

I can speak with certainty that the MEC will be resolutely united in its message: Delta, pay your pilots.

Last edited:
The basic gist is...if you listen to anyone who was old MEC, the sky is falling and we're screwed. Otherwise if you listen to anyone else the process continues. I frankly don't care either way. I'll live happily under my current contract. WE MUST get a deal done got us here to begin with.

Sometimes the status quo isn't that bad...at least not bad enough to only take a "this will do for now" offering.

Good luck.

Reactions: Cav
The basic gist is...if you listen to anyone who was old MEC, the sky is falling and we're screwed. Otherwise if you listen to anyone else the process continues. I frankly don't care either way. I'll live happily under my current contract. WE MUST get a deal done got us here to begin with.

That's pretty much it.

It's not a race.

The more and more we move forward, the more it seems like there was some high school MEC versus MEC jock competition going on because they honestly got their asses handed to them in a swift fashion.

That's pretty much it.

It's not a race.

The more and more we move forward, the more it seems like there was some high school MEC versus MEC jock competition going on because they honestly got their asses handed to them in a swift fashion.

Whose running for MEC Chair?

B.B. 4 Prez

I think the remains of the previous administration that weren't purged from the administration are trying to paint him as a "NWA takeover coup" or something idiotic like that.

I drop by the desk, we chat, he's not spouting a single thing at the MEC meetings that I probably haven't already barked at him myself.

People that are actually doing work, like you know, fly airplanes, has moved on from post merger politics. In fact, if you ask "South or North?" you'll probably get a shrug and they'll answer "Neither, I live in Salt Lake, huh?" However, some of the "seagulls" in the administration who have been doing the "committee shuffle" for the last few years and haven't realized that they're a relic of the past the pilot group has largely moved forward.

We are very well represented in DTW. And I'm not kissing @Richman's ass, I honestly feel for one of the first times in my tenure at my second ALPA carrier that I have representatives that honestly give a crap what my views are, rather than the standard "Silly line pilot, let me tell you how stupid you are and even though you think 2 + 2 = 4, let me tell you how it's actually 39…"

@Derg come on...you don't subscribe to the idea that Council 66 and 20 are the route of all evil and are steeling money out of your unborn child's mouth? Get in line bitch!

Reactions: ian
@Derg come on...you don't subscribe to the idea that Council 66 and 20 are the route of all evil and are steeling money out of your unborn child's mouth? Get in line bitch!

I WILL CUT YOU TRICK!

:)

No, I don't subscribe to that and the ones that do need their heads checked.

I got "The Scream Down" from an appointee at Spondivits telling ME what to tell MY rep about how HE thought my rep should vote.

I had a couple beers in me and the conversation got unpleasant, real quick. Homey don't play that.

Back