Delta Negotiations Update

Not that I don't think you guys will pass this but...

Buying something based on assumed future income or bonuses is kind of dumb.

And you just finished saying that you were dumb to support the last deal.

Don't go 2 for 2. Hell, in baseball batting .500 is something that gets you to Cooperstown.

Now that you mention it I'll wait till at least Black Friday:)

Not that I don't think you guys will pass this but...

Buying something based on assumed future income or bonuses is kind of dumb.

And you just finished saying that you were dumb to support the last deal.

Don't go 2 for 2. Hell, in baseball batting .500 is something that gets you to Cooperstown.

Well he is getting a Captain's raise, after all.

You know what I bought when I upgraded? An SD memory card for my Palm Treo so I could load custom ringtones on the phone. That way my phone played Sweet Little Lies when scheduling called.

I let myself get cable, haha.

Finally got DVR over 10 years later last December.

My retro pay will be around 35 grand. I'm cashing that check in ones!

(in all seriousness, from what I've seen about the TA, my no vote last year was justified and we are a go on this one)

Ones?!? We going to Follies off Buford Highway? Mine will be around 20k. You bring the ones, I'll pay for the VIP table and drinks all night:D:D:D

This is exactly the problem with our pilot group. All they do is chase money. The last guy I flew with has 200k invested in fish tanks and said all he does is buy stuff with his PS. I don't feel bad for these people at all with the holes they dig themselves into

I was dumb to support the last deal. Very dumb. This is much much better. Shopping time now. About to go grab one of those LG OLED TVs. Breathtaking picture quality. Now that's what I call QOL
I wish you were joking. If you can't afford this on your regular pay check I honestly feel sorry for you.

This is exactly the problem with our pilot group. All they do is chase money. The last guy I flew with has 200k invested in fish tanks and said all he does is buy stuff with his PS. I don't feel bad for these people at all with the holes they dig themselves into

Aye man, with a 21% increase Jan 1st just drop one of your 3 or 4 day trips via the swap board, enjoy your QOL for the same pay and stop worrying bout how other folks spend money.

Aye man, with a 21% increase Jan 1st just drop one of your 3 or 4 day trips via the swap board, enjoy your QOL for the same pay and stop worrying bout how other folks spend money.
This proves over and over again you just don't get it

This ain't full restoration by any stretch of the imagination. Does it get us closer though? Is it better to lock in what we have and regroup for another round of negotiations in three years, or have a redux and blow up the MEC again and attempt redo 3, all the while slipping further behind.

I just don't buy the rhetoric of the vocal NO/DPA guys who claim the money is there, the company will acquiesce, we just need to keep voting NO until the company gives up in frustration. They held back $$ in the first round, on the chance we'd call their bluff. We did. You don't go all in on a double bluff call unless you're holding a royal flush, and we ain't.

agreed..just take a look at what is going on with the world. Russia-US tensions are quite high, PRASM declining etc. Might as well lock this in before the down cycle.

This ain't full restoration by any stretch of the imagination. Does it get us closer though? Is it better to lock in what we have and regroup for another round of negotiations in three years, or have a redux and blow up the MEC again and attempt redo 3, all the while slipping further behind.

I just don't buy the rhetoric of the vocal NO/DPA guys who claim the money is there, the company will acquiesce, we just need to keep voting NO until the company gives up in frustration. They held back $$ in the first round, on the chance we'd call their bluff. We did. You don't go all in on a double bluff call unless you're holding a royal flush, and we ain't.

Completely agreed. We've found the upside to the no... I don't see much if any upside for another round.

Completely agreed. We've found the upside to the no... I don't see much if any upside for another round.

We've shown we can vote NO and that they'd better be ready and serious in 2020. Maybe better to call it a draw this round and prepare for the next one.

One issue I do have is the guys who think that we should get the 14% PS that IFS/ACS gave up for pay raises. Smacks of greediness to me.

@Derg come on...you don't subscribe to the idea that Council 66 and 20 are the route of all evil and are steeling money out of your unborn child's mouth? Get in line bitch!
Nah, the "route of all evil" is route 666 through the New Mexico desert. The root of all evil is Cassava.

Back