Delta Negotiations Update

IF the leaked TA language turns out to be true, it's gonna be an issue. The JV scope section is atrocious. 3B4 changes are no bueno as well.

Last edited:
scope and compensation notepads out hmmmmm...

I thought we would see more pro - con info..so far just seems like "wins"

Yeah didn't you know....we are giving up nothing...all wins!

Talking to friends who don't frequent SM sights they really don't have heartburn over any issues. This thing is going to pass no problem...
I think there are a lot more questions we need to be asking about some of the language changes.

this passes easy. They did a great job sending out the Notepad a few weeks ago with only pay rates and not including any of the gives on it. This got guys to look at the shiny pay rates and decided they are voting yes without looking at the concessions that are coming out now. Brilliant job. The senior guys I've flown with have essentially said they think the sick leave changes are BS but they will look past it because of the pay rates and retro. Don't care about scope because they are staying put on the 737 the last few years until they retire. Say they can deal with it for the few years they have left for the money

this passes easy. They did a great job sending out the Notepad a few weeks ago with only pay rates and not including any of the gives on it. This got guys to look at the shiny pay rates and decided they are voting yes without looking at the concessions that are coming out now. Brilliant job. The senior guys I've flown with have essentially said they think the sick leave changes are BS but they will look past it because of the pay rates and retro. Don't care about scope because they are staying put on the 737 the last few years until they retire. Say they can deal with it for the few years they have left for the money
Thanks, fellas.

sigh.. I want to agree with them, but some of these issues are just bad. I need to lay off chit chat and the other forums. I don't know if its making me not have a well rounded perspective regarding the whole AIP.

I'm just not seeing the downsides that they are yelling about on chit chat... these are the death throes of the DPA movement, and a no no no push is all they have left in them.

I saw a significant upside with my no vote last year, and that has played out about as I hoped it would. I do not see anything close to a significant upside by turning this one down... in fact I see it leading to a downside.

sigh.. I want to agree with them, but some of these issues are just bad. I need to lay off chit chat and the other forums. I don't know if its making me not have a well rounded perspective regarding the whole AIP.
That crapfest is nothing more than an echo chamber of the same 30 or so hardcore DPAers. They only look at the worst and not the whole. One example is the JV language. They focus on the 48% and say, "We are giving up 2%!!" No, that's what we are flying now. As for the floor the company can drop to, 46, they have to maintain a MINIMUM of 650,000 BL of WB and 757 flying. Basically, if they drop the JV flying to 46, the international flying has to be made up in another international market. Not a loss of jobs, just a shift of jobs. Still DL pilots, flying DL metal internationally. It's a protection we don't have currently. More importantly, we got rid of the "cure period."

It's important to look at the whole, not cherry pick what looks like the worst. But you can't tell them that. You'll be blasted as a sellout. Much like the Dems are all for diversity, until you disagree with them.

Back