Dad lets six year old land Citation…

FlyingAccountant

I don’t even know what to say about this one. There’s multiple videos going around of her doing this and they’re clearly several different landings judging by the time of day outside. Dad is running the rudders and throttle but she’s working the yoke from her car seat. She also works the radio too.

View: https://youtu.be/jMPe8RjoSRE

View: https://youtu.be/S_q0-ge0Xx4

View: https://youtu.be/bZcgahNdJzQ

Given the FAA’s recent low tolerance for video documented asshattery, I’m curious how long it will be before there’s a reaction.

LOL at the girl. She said exactly the same thing my 5 yr old daughter said when we landed at DTW with Spirit, a glassy smooth landing…

“At least we didn’t crash!”

:bounce:

If this guy has his MEI, and this flying isn’t done under Part 135 then I see no violations here.
It looks like she has a decent handle on on things overall for a 6 year old when you watch the full videos posted. Imagine how confident, fearless, adventurous, etc… this kid is going to be when she grows up because of what she is getting to do at such an early age.
And here I thought I was getting an early jump by starting my daughters driving lessons when she was 8!
🙂

Where’s @CK? This is about how old you were when you joined here, right?

Good for her. Hopefully, dad doesn’t get into trouble for it. It sounds like he’s flying the same guy around, Mr. G. They say his name a couple of times but dad tells her to not say it any more. :D

I wonder if she’s actually interpreting and using the data the instruments are giving her or if she’s just looking at the ground and going from there while listening to dad.

Where’s @CK? This is about how old you were when you joined here, right?

Good for her. Hopefully, dad doesn’t get into trouble for it. It sounds like he’s flying the same guy around, Mr. G. They say his name a couple of times but dad tells her to not say it any more. :D
Back when CitationKid was really a kid....

Ah yes, the pilots who didn't know how to fly their own plane and thus ruined the fun for everybody else for all time.

I mean. There was also the minor fact of relinquishing the PIC seat to children. And being out of your seat during the upset. The FO was about 5 ft tall, but with his seat full back, he couldn’t reach the yoke to push. Once it reached a level attitude momentarily, the PIC was able to get back in his seat. But the FO wasn’t pitching down and the airplane went straight vertical and stalled, spun.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RrttTR8e8-4&pp=ygULQWVyZmxvdCA1OTM%3D

If this guy has his MEI, and this flying isn’t done under Part 135 then I see no violations here.
It looks like she has a decent handle on on things overall for a 6 year old when you watch the full videos posted. Imagine how confident, fearless, adventurous, etc… this kid is going to be when she grows up because of what she is getting to do at such an early age.
And here I thought I was getting an early jump by starting my daughters driving lessons when she was 8!
🙂
Yeh nice try. pull the Certs.

Mark me down in the not a good idea category. Sure, it is a great experience to do that with your kids, and for those that grew up in an aviation family - you've flown with your parents or relatives in a Cub or Skyhawk and did similar cool stuff. However, I don't think that's the motive since it is recorded and put out on the internet. The Administrator, insurance companies, and lawyers would have a field day, especially with video evidence. Is it careless and reckless or not, is that car seat legal to be in the front seat, etc.... Too many ways to find yourself with unnecessary attention.

You can see a few times where the controls were definitely manipulated by someone other than her and if you can’t overpower a 6 year old on the controls you should turn in your CFI badge. I’m curious how much of it was actually her flying and how much of it was her hands on the yoke mostly following someone else’s inputs. Notice you never see the left hand side (or hand for that matter) of the left yoke. The dumbest thing here imo is putting it on YouTube.

Attachments

• BabyishInformalAsianporcupine-size_restricted.gif
    BabyishInformalAsianporcupine-size_restricted.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
Much like you'd do for any passenger, you let them go and then nudge them in the right direction with words or a little bump when needed

Back