Dad lets six year old land Citation…

If they crash and burn it'll be too bad for the family, although "probably" not gonna' happen with dad right there🫤 I just think it's incredibly dumb to post it for public consumption. Home video for the family - sure; posted online for millions of strangers? Not a chance in hell that's a good choice.

I think the video is awesome. The M2 is easier to land than a 172. The only part I do not like is that I cannot do this with my seven year old. He has 300 hours in multiple business jets, but he will never remember it

Where’s @CK? This is about how old you were when you joined here, right?

Good for her. Hopefully, dad doesn’t get into trouble for it. It sounds like he’s flying the same guy around, Mr. G. They say his name a couple of times but dad tells her to not say it any more. :D

I was 13 when I did my first landing in a Citation and 15 when I joined here as CitationKid.

Alex.

Attachments

• IMG_0279.JPG
    IMG_0279.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0289.JPG
    IMG_0289.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0620.JPG
    IMG_0620.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 44
Mark me down in the not a good idea category. Sure, it is a great experience to do that with your kids, and for those that grew up in an aviation family - you've flown with your parents or relatives in a Cub or Skyhawk and did similar cool stuff. However, I don't think that's the motive since it is recorded and put out on the internet. The Administrator, insurance companies, and lawyers would have a field day, especially with video evidence. Is it careless and reckless or not, is that car seat legal to be in the front seat, etc.... Too many ways to find yourself with unnecessary attention.

I agree this is a below average in headwork. I don't take issue with dad letting his daughter practice her flying skills from a young age. But filming it and putting it on the internet is just a bad idea. And like Mike said, to what end? Is he trying to just share a good time, or rather, use her to generate revenue/likes/whatever? That's fun stuff that should just as well be a good memory she has many years later, when she is a young wide body captain. I have similar memories of flying my dad's plane from a pretty young age. But we didn't have cell phones/internet, and camcorders were the size of a briefcase so they live as just memories.....which is fine.

I’m probably the only guy on this website to give type rating training to private pilot students in a Citation M2. And Mustang. And CJ3+. Probably the only guy to sign off someone’s logbook here. And I have, multiple times. To people who have both passed and failed. I have also sent people home after the first few flights and thousands of wasted dollars.

But none of them are posted on the internet.

Back