Colgan

we are 15 all in the Q400.

Just finished day one of indoc. Lots of info but the instructor is great and everyone is really freindly.

Anyone else interview recently?

very cool . .i'm working on getting my resume in in a few hours!!!! I hope to be there with you pretty soon.

we are 15 all in the Q400.

Just finished day one of indoc. Lots of info but the instructor is great and everyone is really freindly.

Anyone else interview recently?

Good to hear things are going well. If you have any mega whacker questions feel free to shoot me a PM. I only know about 5 things, maybe 6 but ill do what I can.

Here is a head start... (read down)

F L
A O
I N
R E
E R
P E

I just got an email from them asking me to call them as soon as possible, to choose a date and to do a quick phone screen. Submitted the appilication about 10hrs prior.

Looking for any input.. Are they looking for company history knowledge? Or to ask some of the basic HR questions that are on the gouges?

The phone screen was a non-issue. They asked me if I had any failures, accidents/incidents, and that was honestly about it. They were very nice!

It took me about 5-8 hours after submitting my resume to be offered an interview.
WOW. . . ok, its been a few days. . .MMMMMM did you guys go through Airline apps, or the mesba website .. (I did the website, still working on my airline apps stuff)

I got 1500TT/500MeTP

however, I do have an "incident" which may be why I'm not getting the love.

WOW. . . ok, its been a few days. . .MMMMMM did you guys go through Airline apps, or the mesba website .. (I did the website, still working on my airline apps stuff)

I got 1500TT/500MeTP

however, I do have an "incident" which may be why I'm not getting the love.

I went through the Mesaba website this morning at about 2am. Filled the application out, and by 730am I had an invite to interview from the HR. Took me about 12hrs to go from application -> interview letter -> phone screen. awaiting emails for my plane tickets out + april 5th interview info.

The phone screening was a repeat of the mesaba web-based application process. How many hr have you flown in the last yr, have you ever failed a checkride or stage check, any faa violations, do you have a valid medical, fcc permit, passport, etc. No tricks here

I just got an email from them asking me to call them as soon as possible, to choose a date and to do a quick phone screen. Submitted the appilication about 10hrs prior.

Looking for any input.. Are they looking for company history knowledge? Or to ask some of the basic HR questions that are on the gouges?

Hey K, how ya been? Do you have Colgan minimums?

Hey Everyone!

I interviewed 3/16 and received a preliminary offer. Definite offer received yesterday (3/18). I go to class 4/11. Anyone else in this class?

Well I made it through the interview process (3/30/11). All the gouge on this interview is spot on so i'm not going to wast time and do another one.

I got the conditional offer to work as an FO. I was happy until the sim eval. The Steep turn was fine. I had a little trouble using he old school VOR (I'm used to an HSI). I got turned around and was reverse sensing. I knew something was wrong and I was about to fix it when the observer told me. He talked me through the mistake I made. I told him I had seen what I had done.

Then I Went full scale deflection on the ILS right before minimums and told the guy I had to go missed. He vectored me to the holding point. Asked me how I would enter the hold and I told him correctly. Then he said that was all he needed to see.

They shipped me off to the drug test and then sent me home. I guess I'll hear in 7-10 days. All in all not a bad first interview experience but I don't think I got the job. I was just not sharp in the SIM eval.

A part of me wonders though. If they really did not want me after my crappy sim eval, would they still send me off and pay for me to get drug tested?

Oh well...

I'm crossing my fingers

-Matt

Well I made it through the interview process (3/30/11). All the gouge on this interview is spot on so i'm not going to wast time and do another one.

I got the conditional offer to work as an FO. I was happy until the sim eval. The Steep turn was fine. I had a little trouble using he old school VOR (I'm used to an HSI). I got turned around and was reverse sensing. I knew something was wrong and I was about to fix it when the observer told me. He talked me through the mistake I made. I told him I had seen what I had done.

Then I Went full scale deflection on the ILS right before minimums and told the guy I had to go missed. He vectored me to the holding point. Asked me how I would enter the hold and I told him correctly. Then he said that was all he needed to see.

They shipped me off to the drug test and then sent me home. I guess I'll hear in 7-10 days. All in all not a bad first interview experience but I don't think I got the job. I was just not sharp in the SIM eval.

A part of me wonders though. If they really did not want me after my crappy sim eval, would they still send me off and pay for me to get drug tested?

Oh well...

I'm crossing my fingers

-Matt

Depends. At Colgan, even when they were hurting for pilots late in '06, if you botched the Sim (and 6 out of 9 guys did, not counting the 20 we lost from the ATP right away) you got the letter to go home after a few. Mesaba take a lot of things into consideration. Just take it easy, you've done everything you can, have a beer, it'll all sort out.

Depends. At Colgan, even when they were hurting for pilots late in '06, if you botched the Sim (and 6 out of 9 guys did, not counting the 20 we lost from the ATP right away) you got the letter to go home after a few. Mesaba take a lot of things into consideration. Just take it easy, you've done everything you can, have a beer, it'll all sort out.

Thanks!

I had a few beers :-)

-Matt

Back