Colgan

What Saabs?

Colgan Saabs..

Friend of mine is in HR at 9E and was telling me that they are all preparing for no more new hires into jets.. Now, obviously, she is just part of the system and is only hearing what she is being told, but that's what she has been told to expect...

I should actually edit my original post, as I didn't hear the rumor today.. I heard it about 3 weeks ago.. but I was talking to some folks about it today..

Most certainly. If you go to a place like PQI and hold a line right out of training, you can expect 80-100 hours in a month. If you go to a place like IAD, expect to sit reserve for awhile and to fly probably 30-40 hours a month, if your lucky.

So which places do you think would have the most flying other than PQI? I'm in the Dec. 7 class and I've heard that it's the Q.

So which places do you think would have the most flying other than PQI? I'm in the Dec. 7 class and I've heard that it's the Q.

If you are going Q400 then EWR. My interview sim-buddy told me they told him to expect IAD in 1 yr...just FYI

The Q currently only has 1 base, EWR. IAH soon, but until I see it pull off a gate with revenue on board, I won't believe it.

Just to make sure I got everything..did anyone in the Dec 7th class get a fedex package besides your offer letter?

well i just got the call for the 12/28 class...... NOT that it matters but does anyone know if the class will be for the q400 or the saab?

pardon my lack of grammar and such, im in a rush lol

well i just got the call for the 12/28 class...... NOT that it matters but does anyone know if the class will be for the q400 or the saab?

pardon my lack of grammar and such, im in a rush lol

It will be the Q400. Classes do not resume for the Saab until January.

Heard a good rumot today.. Pinnacle is no longer hiring into the jet.. They're hiring into the Saab.. Now, this is a rumot, but it came straight from the HR departments mouth..

Don't mean to bust your bubble, but you received incorrect information. Pinnacle just had interviews Dec 8 and hired around 10 more for the CRJ200 and said they will hire more come the new year.

Don't mean to bust your bubble, but you received incorrect information. Pinnacle just had interviews Dec 8 and hired around 10 more for the CRJ200 and said they will hire more come the new year.

Listen, don't interject facts into an internet thread. :sarcasm:

Getting tougher and tougher to make crap up on the internet.

I have a uniform question that i hope someone could shed some light on. I have lots of pants from my former life at comair, would the color be compatible with colgan? they are dark blue pants.

Depends on which shade of dark blue, the Colgan uni's are dark blue with silver stripes, but not knowing the Comair color it may be slightly different. Odds are in the summer when you don't need to wear the jacket you'll be fine, but without seeing them its hard to tell how closely they'll match the jacket.

So, to make a short story long...I guess I can't help you. Sorry :o

I have a uniform question that i hope someone could shed some light on. I have lots of pants from my former life at comair, would the color be compatible with colgan? they are dark blue pants.

You're going from Comair to Colgan? You don't want to just pick up a job at Eagle or something?

Back