Colgan

to those of you who have interviewd...

I have a first class medical. It was issued 7 months ago and is stil valid.

In the colgan supplement that I was sent they say that the medical that they want to see must have been issued within the preceeding 6 months.

Does anyone know if that is just wording left over from when the duration of a 1st class medcial was 6 months or do they really want to see a fresh medical?

Thanks!

When I inerviewed (Sept 2010) I had an "old" 1st class. They still look for a "fresh" one -within 6 months of the interview date. When they offered me the job I got the fresh one they wanted.
If I were you I wouldn't stress over it. Wait and see if you get the job, then worry about that.

When is your interview?

Negative. If I don't hear anything by Wed, I'm calling.

Just spoke w/ HR now. She said they are trying to send our "stuff" out today. Give it till the end of the week unless you absolutely want to speak with them. I called them today because I'm still waiting on the FAA plastic certificate (I still have the temporary one) and I wanted to double check it's fine. Didn't want to be left behind just because of that.

cheers

When I inerviewed (Sept 2010) I had an "old" 1st class. They still look for a "fresh" one -within 6 months of the interview date. When they offered me the job I got the fresh one they wanted.
If I were you I wouldn't stress over it. Wait and see if you get the job, then worry about that.

When is your interview?

Its on the 17th, this Week.

I spoke with Tammy and she said that its best if I have it BEFORE the interview. So I got me an appointment scheduled tomorrow...

Affirm...start on 12/07 in KMEM. Doesn't not specify however for what aircraft.

I asked on the phone and they said it was for the Q400. On another note I had some questions for guys that went through in the past. The letter says that we should wear business clothes (tie not needed), but it also mentions that we should bring some pilot shirts and pants. Can we wear a pilot shirt and navy blue pants to class every day? It would save me packing extra stuff I don't need. And w/o the bars and wings it wouldn't look too bad I think.

I asked on the phone and they said it was for the Q400. On another note I had some questions for guys that went through in the past. The letter says that we should wear business clothes (tie not needed), but it also mentions that we should bring some pilot shirts and pants. Can we wear a pilot shirt and navy blue pants to class every day? It would save me packing extra stuff I don't need. And w/o the bars and wings it wouldn't look too bad I think.

I suppose you could. My sim buddy -that got on the 09/28 class- told me that generally speaking people wear kaki pants and a button down shirt. He mentioned that some wear blue and few wear black pants. He also told me that the button down shirt is only required for Memphis. Once we move on to FSI, we can wear polos.

Where will you be coming from?

some guys wore polo's in our class in memphis. Kahki's or dress pants (slacks) were standard

If you wore a pilot uniform with no bars or wings, you would become known as "tool." Pack khakis and polo shirts for ground school. On your first day you order your uniform. If it shows up too big, or too small, or doesnt show up at all, just go to IOE with polo shirt and khakis, its not your fault that Colgan uses a horrible company for their uniforms.

I think I brought two pairs of slacks and a 3 shirts with me to class. I didn't bring khakis and polo's because I didn't want to look like everyone else in the class. You know, the southern evangelical, slightly overweight pleated kahkis and too big, strangely colored polo type shirt look. Oh, and don't forget the bad haircut and tasseled loafers.

Seriously though, it's business casual. You'll be sitting for long hours in uncomfortable seats, wear something comfortable but nice.

I just got a questionnaire from Chuck Colgan asking me everything that is on my airlineapps. Do they normally send this out as a reply to an emailed resume?

Back