Colgan

hello all, i interviewed on october 5th with Colgan, i have no failures, i have 3200TT and previous 121 with Comair, its been over a month and havnt heard a thing, i wonder if i have been overlooked, im getting anxious because i dont know where i stand with them. I passed the technical and the sim.... i have low recent time, that is the only thing i can say, other than that, i am squeeky clean. HR said im good to go when i contacted her. that was 1 month ago

thanks guys

I suppose you could. My sim buddy -that got on the 09/28 class- told me that generally speaking people wear kaki pants and a button down shirt. He mentioned that some wear blue and few wear black pants. He also told me that the button down shirt is only required for Memphis. Once we move on to FSI, we can wear polos.

Where will you be coming from?

I'm coming from Milwaukee. Thanks for the info.

hello all, i interviewed on october 5th with Colgan, i have no failures, i have 3200TT and previous 121 with Comair, its been over a month and havnt heard a thing, i wonder if i have been overlooked, im getting anxious because i dont know where i stand with them. I passed the technical and the sim.... i have low recent time, that is the only thing i can say, other than that, i am squeeky clean. HR said im good to go when i contacted her. that was 1 month ago

thanks guys
I've had a heck of a time getting a straight answer about my status as well. I interviewed near the end of Sept. Some folks from my interview are getting calls and I haven't heard anything. Calling them usually results in a "we'll get back to you" answer. Hopefully we all hear soon! I'm sure they have quite a few people to place in classes.

Anyone in the 12/7 class get a packet of info to study for class? Chuck Colgan said I should get an email or something with some stuff to study.

I'm hearing now that Saab classes won't be starting again till Jan.

Of course not, they need everyone to work the line. At Colgan you understaff yourself to oblivion, and as the sun sets and the operations are in shambles you hurriedly get a new class together when things slow down in Jan/Feb.

Just another year of this and you'll be at the big time show like Delta or Southwest. Just another year.

I'm hearing now that Saab classes won't be starting again till Jan.

I'm pretty sure i'm gonna be getting the saab and i interviewed back in september, i called end of october and was told they'd call me in a few weeks. I'm gonna call again next week (end of november) and see what they say...which will probably be "we'll get back to ya soon"

Could a new hire expect more flight time in one base as opposed to another?

Most certainly. If you go to a place like PQI and hold a line right out of training, you can expect 80-100 hours in a month. If you go to a place like IAD, expect to sit reserve for awhile and to fly probably 30-40 hours a month, if your lucky.

Heard a good rumot today.. Pinnacle is no longer hiring into the jet.. They're hiring into the Saab.. Now, this is a rumot, but it came straight from the HR departments mouth..

Supposedly, it's our saabs. No contract signed.

I have heard the same type of rumor. Our Saabs are breaking so often now that we are getting into trouble with our mainline carrier. Apparently there has been talk of some of the B+ models coming over to take on some of our routes. I personally cant see them putting Colgan pilots into those planes though, when they can just move the already trained pilots with them.

Back