Colgan

Hm.. He might have mispoke. If not, I would gladly take DCA over IAD since it's right on the Metro.

I see it as a good sign that they're still interviewing and planning to put people in the Saab pool!

I was originally in the Oct. 5th class, but got a call today for a possible class Dec. 7th for the Saab. Anyone else?

That is great news!!! I was scheduled to be in the class right after yours on the 12th. I'm hoping I hear my Antoine Dodson ringtone sometime real soon!

Awesome! I'm sure you'll be getting a call soon. The date still seems tentative though, but at least they're making headway on getting classes started.

No, he said the word "Reagan"...

Maybe Chuck knows somthing that you dont... ;)

Chuck told everyone in my class that we would get IAD as a base but only 5 of us are getting based there. Our class went 5 IAD, 5 IAH, 1 BHB and 2 CRW. Don't plan on knowing your base for sure until your last week of ground school. I'm just glad that they are starting up another Saab class so I won't be the second most junior guy at IAD for too long.

1st post :)
Was called today by Chuck for a "Dec 7" Q400 class. Interviewed in early Oct.
Welcome! Congrats on the call!

@flyinggreasemnky: I'm really hoping for IAH or IAD. Do they ask what you'd like or is it pretty much a lottery type system?

I was reading a colgan gouge about questions that covers some common knowledge stuff like:

Who won the super bowl?

or

Who was baseballs MVP?

Anyone know if they really ask that stuff?

(i figure its to see of you will have what to talk about with your crew on trips... but I am not sure what other puposes these questions could serve)

I was reading a colgan gouge about questions that covers some common knowledge stuff like:

Who won the super bowl?

or

Who was baseballs MVP?

(i figure its to see of you will have what to talk about with your crew on trips... but I am not sure what other puposes these questions could serve)

They didn't do that in my interview. I read the same gouge and I would be familiar with everything on it except that stuff.

Hello - if you are going to be based out of IAD and you/others are looking for a crash pad, I have somethng becoming available soon. It's a beautiful 4 BR TH. The girlfriend is moving next month, there will be 3 BR, two with a queen, TV, computer and shared bath, third BR will have king matress, computer, TV, and will also share bath. An e-mail to dunnd40@hotmail.com will get you several pics of the place. I'm a software engineer working right next to IAD with flexible schedule. I can't guarantee transportation to/from IAD all the time, but will be able to give rides much of the time, with little or no notice needed. Will work with you to make this work out for everyone. Regards, Darrell

Who won the super bowl?

or

Who was baseballs MVP?

I wasn't asked any random questions like that. I've seen gouges with questions about current affairs, presidents, etc. I think it's more about seeing you react to something out of left field in a stressful situation.

Who won the super bowl?

or

Who was baseballs MVP?

They didn't ask that in my interview either...to be honest, there wasn't much of an HR interview to start with...

1st post :)
Was called today by Chuck for a "Dec 7" Q400 class. Interviewed in early Oct.

Same thing, was set up for the October 5th class date...got the call asking what my schedule was like. I said i'm good to go whenever they are. Hopefully soon

to those of you who have interviewd...

I have a first class medical. It was issued 7 months ago and is stil valid.

In the colgan supplement that I was sent they say that the medical that they want to see must have been issued within the preceeding 6 months.

Does anyone know if that is just wording left over from when the duration of a 1st class medcial was 6 months or do they really want to see a fresh medical?

Thanks!

Back