Colgan

My friend said they just pushed back his October 5th start date to an unknown date, anyone else have that same issue?

Wondering why they would do that, guess they are too backed up with training people.

My friend said they just pushed back his October 5th start date to an unknown date, anyone else have that same issue?

Wondering why they would do that, guess they are too backed up with training people.

I dont think they have an clue as to where people are going, and where people are needed.

Check airmen are getting worn out. All of them want time off from doing IOE. Some are even bidding stand up schedules just to get out of doing IOE.

I hope that doesn't change my Oct 12th date!

If Oct 5 got pushed back they will not allow the 12th to train before the 5th is sorted out.

Unless the 5th group goes before the 12th and they leave your dates unchanged your class date will likely be adjusted.

Indeed the company is seriously hurting for instructors, flight operations admin support, and line check airman.

Did anyone hear anything about when the 5th and 12th classes might take place? I was originally scheduled for the 12th, but I haven't heard anything except that they were changing the date. If anyone has some info it would be much appreciated. :)

Did anyone hear anything about when the 5th and 12th classes might take place? I was originally scheduled for the 12th, but I haven't heard anything except that they were changing the date. If anyone has some info it would be much appreciated. :)

x2 They've done a pretty good job of keeping us in the dark. :)

If you knew the situation our Captains were in now, you would understand how badly they need guys to get through upgrade. I just flew with a guy who started a 2 day, and was now currently on his 6th day with his 3rd extension, and hasnt credited lower than 130hrs for any months this summer.

October FO class dates would put you in the Saab sim at the beginning of November. But they need space for these:

SF3 Upgrade Available Dates:
11/1/2010 – 10 slots
11/15/2010 – 10 slots

Q400 Direct Upgrade Available Dates:
11/1/2010 – 8 slots
11/15/2010 – 10 slots

Q400 Transition Available Dates:
11/10/2010 – 16 slots
11/15/2010 – 10 slots

As soon as we lose 20 Saab FOs, they will quickly realize that they need to hurry up and push the new hires through FO training.

If you knew the situation our Captains were in now, you would understand how badly they need guys to get through upgrade. I just flew with a guy who started a 2 day, and was now currently on his 6th day with his 3rd extension, and hasnt credited lower than 130hrs for any months this summer.

What a great QOL.

October FO class dates would put you in the Saab sim at the beginning of November. But they need space for these:

SF3 Upgrade Available Dates:
11/1/2010 – 10 slots
11/15/2010 – 10 slots

Q400 Direct Upgrade Available Dates:
11/1/2010 – 8 slots
11/15/2010 – 10 slots

Q400 Transition Available Dates:
11/10/2010 – 16 slots
11/15/2010 – 10 slots

As soon as we lose 20 Saab FOs, they will quickly realize that they need to hurry up and push the new hires through FO training.

Thanks for the information. So by your estimation, does this put us out into December? I know this is all just a best guess, but I appreciate your insight.

Thanks for the information. So by your estimation, does this put us out into December? I know this is all just a best guess, but I appreciate your insight.

There aren't going to be anymore Saab classes through the end of the year. They are restarting Saab classes in Jan. They just changed the split class (Saab/Q) of newhires to all Q400.

There aren't going to be anymore Saab classes through the end of the year. They are restarting Saab classes in Jan. They just changed the split class (Saab/Q) of newhires to all Q400.

That news makes me rather sad. Not that I don't believe you, but I'm just curious on the source.

Seems like half the Saab FOs in the northeast are going to be on reserve in November. Is this normal for winter?

Back