Colgan

Well, wait. I just now get another email saying it would be difficult to make it through training because it was so long since I flew multi. Anyone else get emails like this?

Well, wait. I just now get another email saying it would be difficult to make it through training because it was so long since I flew multi. Anyone else get emails like this?

No, but I'm enjoying your story and how screwed up and disorganized their hiring department is. :laff:

got a ?...... Only checkride I failed was the CFI initial....once on the oral and once on the practical........does that count as a single checkride failure? or multiple?

got a ?...... Only checkride I failed was the CFI initial....once on the oral and once on the practical........does that count as a single checkride failure? or multiple?

I believe it only counts as one if you went up with the same examiner. But I may just be using common sense, which does not always line up with government agency methods.

One thing is for sure.. On airlineapps, in the Colgan addendum section, it requests that you give details on any and all busts "including multiple issues with the same check ride." You will need to put the reason for both busts there.

Just be honest with them either way.

I believe it only counts as one if you went up with the same examiner. But I may just be using common sense, which does not always line up with government agency methods.

One thing is for sure.. On airlineapps, in the Colgan addendum section, it requests that you give details on any and all busts "including multiple issues with the same check ride." You will need to put the reason for both busts there.

Just be honest with them either way.

They'll ask about failed rides in the phone screening too...just tell it like it is.

Make sure you make it very clear on the AirlineApps.

Any Q400's been dropping lately for the last couple of classes? I have an interview set up on September 9th, and was wondering if any of the new guys have been put on that airplane. A Saab would be ok, but what I'm flying now isn't much smaller. I think the Q400 would be great since it is larger (some airlines ask for planes over 20,000kg etc) and it has the newer avionics as well.

Any Q400's been dropping lately for the last couple of classes? I have an interview set up on September 9th, and was wondering if any of the new guys have been put on that airplane. A Saab would be ok, but what I'm flying now isn't much smaller. I think the Q400 would be great since it is larger (some airlines ask for planes over 20,000kg etc) and it has the newer avionics as well.
They wanted to put me in a Q400 class but I told them I couldn't make it. So they put in the saab class that starts the following week, which I'm ok with because I didn't want to be based in EWR. I have been told that those with over 1500 would have a shot at the Q400 others will be getting the saab regardless.

They wanted to put me in a Q400 class but I told them I couldn't make it. So they put in the saab class that starts the following week, which I'm ok with because I didn't want to be based in EWR. I have been told that those with over 1500 would have a shot at the Q400 others will be getting the saab regardless.

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping to get a Q400 if they have any slots available. This is assuming I pass the interview of course! :)

is there anyone else from the 9/9-9/10 interview on here that got a handshake and expect ___ date to start training from Chuck? :rawk:

I have a bit of an oddball question. I did all of my training under part 141 with self-examining authority. I had some trouble with stalls on my private checkride, so my "End of Course" was unsatisfactory. I did some remedial stuff with my instructor, then went back up for only .5 to show that I can stall.

Due to the nature of self-examining, this checkride does not go as a "bust" on my record, so I told HR during the phone screening that I had 1 bust (which was on my CMEL, which was done with an actual DE). I recently realized that during the logbook review, they're gonna be curious why my supposed "first time pass" on my PPL was .5 long. Anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this?

I certainly want to be honest with them, but don't want to go against something that I already divulged to HR.

Back