colgan per diem

Let me know what you find out! Inquiring minds---and all that! ;)

BTW, don't be too jealous, but I'm off to ALB today for recurrent. :rolleyes: :banghead:
If you find yourself up in ALB......:)

In ground school it was made very clear to us that the only time we would recieve per diem was when "required rest" was built into the line/schedule. This is why quite a few of us were picky when it came to bidding bases as a whole months per diem (if you can get the right line) could amount to an entire 1st year FO's bi-weekly paycheck...... talk about a hefty paycheck!

GO FOR THE GOLD!:nana2:

I'm shocked! I hadn't heard that you guys didn't get it for stand-ups after the initial confusion and just "assumed" you did since I never heard any b&m about it. That really, REALLY sucks that you don't get it. WOW! :mad:

I'm shocked! I hadn't heard that you guys didn't get it for stand-ups after the initial confusion and just "assumed" you did since I never heard any b&m about it. That really, REALLY sucks that you don't get it. WOW! :mad:

I have never not gotten per diem for standups.

In ground school it was made very clear to us that the only time we would recieve per diem was when "required rest" was built into the line/schedule. This is why quite a few of us were picky when it came to bidding bases as a whole months per diem (if you can get the right line) could amount to an entire 1st year FO's bi-weekly paycheck...... talk about a hefty paycheck!

GO FOR THE GOLD!:nana2:

Yea, and how much of what they have told you during ground is true on the line? Ok, OK, most of it. Haha

I have heard it going both ways with the stand ups. Seems that sometimes they notice it, and sometimes they dont.

How does the IRS like that?
Maybe Colgan doesn't take the tax out of their paycheck and they'll just pay it when the W-2's come in.

Kind of like when Organic Chicken is advertised as having "no hormones added!" and you can't legally put hormones in them anyway.

Maybe Colgan doesn't take the tax out of their paycheck and they'll just pay it when the W-2's come in.

So, unexpected income tax to pay on the end of the pilots at the end of the year. Great plan! :)

"Hey. Why does my last paycheck say I made $18,900, but my taxable income on my W-2 was $19,800?"

So, unexpected income tax to pay on the end of the pilots at the end of the year. Great plan! :)

"Hey. Why does my last paycheck say I made $18,900, but my taxable income on my W-2 was $19,800?"
My head exploded when you threw numbers in there.

Did five stand up overnights in October. I have been told and it is showing on the October Per Diem Report that you DO get Per Diem for stand up overnights. Time will tell.

This just illustrates why we need ALPA. Day trip Per Diem is industry average. We as employees are losing thousands per year not having access to this. Time to raise the bar. Vote November 24th to December 17th!

Did five stand up overnights in October. I have been told and it is showing on the October Per Diem Report that you DO get Per Diem for stand up overnights. Time will tell.

This just illustrates why we need ALPA. Day trip Per Diem is industry average. We as employees are losing thousands per year not having access to this. Time to raise the bar. Vote November 24th to December 17th!

It's not even industry-average Seggy. Lord knows our contract isn't industry average (except for scope language!!) It's like... industry pre-requisite as far as I am concerned. There shouldn't even be negotiation about it when you guys start up, just plop it in there and say 'BAM'.

Either way, in a fair tax system, you would pay approx. $5.00 annualy in federal taxes, and about $1.65 in state taxes.

Pathetic for someone who is responsible for lives. :banghead:

Vote ALPA Colgan Folks!!!
www.alpa.org/colgan

No unexpected income tax and no penalty from the IRS during an audit due to a ginormous training deduction. Anybody have a reference to this tax code that says RON per diem is tax free but day trip per diem is taxable?

No unexpected income tax and no penalty from the IRS during an audit due to a ginormous training deduction. Anybody have a reference to this tax code that says RON per diem is tax free but day trip per diem is taxable?

Per diem is taxable when it's paid at your "tax home." Since day trips and CDOs start and end in your "tax home," that's why it's taxable. Per diems on overnights either start or end outside of your "tax home," so that's why it's non-taxable.

No per diem for day trips, but we do get it for standup overnights. (I believe you do as well.)

Yes, we do get 15 min. pay for security checks for first flight of the day AND 1 hr. pay credit for NMB (no meal break). If our pairing doesn't have 1 hr. ground time built into it, for a duty day of over 10 hours, we get 1 hr. of pay credit. :)

Do Colgan FAs have a union? Is it USW, like the pinnacle FAs? Our FAs CBA sucks, but they do get 2 hours pay (NMB) if there isnt a 90 minute break. YOu should push for 2 hours!! Also, I hope you are getting on your pilots to go vote in ALPA.

GOOD LUCK COLGAN!

Per diem is taxable when it's paid at your "tax home." Since day trips and CDOs start and end in your "tax home," that's why it's taxable. Per diems on overnights either start or end outside of your "tax home," so that's why it's non-taxable.

No link to that? I call BS on your reasoning as per diem starts when you check in and ends when you check out, which is usually at your base. My tax "home" is about 1700 miles from my base, as is most pilots that commute.

Do Colgan FAs have a union? Is it USW, like the pinnacle FAs? Our FAs CBA sucks, but they do get 2 hours pay (NMB) if there isnt a 90 minute break. YOu should push for 2 hours!! Also, I hope you are getting on your pilots to go vote in ALPA.

GOOD LUCK COLGAN!

Yes and it's USW---probably why we got it--to match what PCL has. Ours is ok, I guess, could be better of course! We only get 1 hour (NMB) if we don't have 60 minutes in a 10 hr. duty day.

And, YES, I always try to get the pilots to "VOTE ALPA!!" Not that many of them listen to me, anyway, but that's another story! :buck: :p

Back