colgan per diem

row9

I'm getting ready for what we should negotiate with management after we pass the vote for the union (and we will!), and I heard that the flight attendants get per diem for daytrips. Does anyone know this for sure? It is the industry standard afterall, and I think we should get it too.

I'm getting ready for what we should negotiate with management after we pass the vote for the union (and we will!), and I heard that the flight attendants get per diem for daytrips. Does anyone know this for sure? It is the industry standard afterall, and I think we should get it too.

First of all- no they don't.

Second of all- I don't think we will ever see that here at Colgan. Our first priority is Q payrates and work rules.

First of all- no they don't.

Second of all- I don't think we will ever see that here at Colgan. Our first priority is Q payrates and work rules.

Never say never. At my present employer we get taxed per diem for day trip work.

I believe most other companies have similar scenarios.

When it comes time to write a CBA, throw it in there as a required "Industry Standard". Seriously.

Pinnacle pilots get per diem for day trips. No reason Colgan shouldn't. Don't give in just b/c you think it's not worth it. ANY time you're on duty operating flights or away from your base, you should be getting per diem. Now, if they wanna install a microwave in the plane so we can heat up lunches, then I might give a little.

If you look at the lines, the TA shows how much time you'll be away, thus how much perdiem you will get.

Here is an example from Dec.
On the last page: A line with all daytrips except 1 overnight shows TA of 139. This FA can expect to get about $194 of per diem.

Contrast this with the last page of the pilots: A line with all daytrips except 2 overnights shows TA of 57. This pilot can expect to get about $79 of per diem.

Twice the number of overnights, but less than half the perdiem... Looks like daytrip perdiem to me.?

Wow, Did you know the FA's get an extra 15min of credit every morning for first flight of the day? Even though we all have the same show time? If that's not proof that a union does a group good, what is?

Wow, Did you know the FA's get an extra 15min of credit every morning for first flight of the day? Even though we all have the same show time? If that's not proof that a union does a group good, what is?

No per diem for day trips, but we do get it for standup overnights. (I believe you do as well.)

Yes, we do get 15 min. pay for security checks for first flight of the day AND 1 hr. pay credit for NMB (no meal break). If our pairing doesn't have 1 hr. ground time built into it, for a duty day of over 10 hours, we get 1 hr. of pay credit. :)

Have you ever run into that? Not having an hour?

Yes, although it took me a while to figure out what "NMB" meant on CrewTrac. :buck: You see it when you're bidding lines, obviously, so you know before hand and can be prepared to not eat (unless you bring your own food---or elect one of the crewmembers to run and get food on a turn!)
I like to bid lines that have only 3 legs, but sometimes the lines have a few 5-leg days, and that NMB usually comes into play.

No per diem for day trips, but we do get it for standup overnights. (I believe you do as well.)

Which in per diem land SHOULD be the same thing. Both trips, you begin and end your duty in base. The only difference is that on one trip you sleep in a hotel and the other you're just awake the whole time.

Agreed! Guess that was an issus that did not go in our favor during contract negotiations, but I don't know for sure. (I wasn't around at that time).

Agreed! Guess that was an issus that did not go in our favor during contract negotiations, but I don't know for sure. (I wasn't around at that time).

Next go around, the FAs should make that a sticking point. I doubt there are too many airlines out there that pay per diem on high speeds but not day trips. For the pilots, stick to it from the word go.

Even at Mesa we get taxable perdiem for day trips. You should too. Don't fall into the trap of accepting something substandard because you want to get something else later or you think it will give you negotiating capital on something else because there is no guarantee on either of those.

We've fallen into that trap or almost have and we're voting on a TA that ALPA analysts have determined is 33% or so lower than industry standard.

Yes, we do get 15 min. pay for security checks for first flight of the day AND 1 hr. pay credit for NMB (no meal break). If our pairing doesn't have 1 hr. ground time built into it, for a duty day of over 10 hours, we get 1 hr. of pay credit. :)

Seeing as I'm writing this in the hotel in BTV, on a standup, the answer to that is NO, no CDO per diem for us . :(

Yet another fine example of why we need ALPA (and an industry standard contract, or better). It's pathetic that management claims we're 'simply the best,' yet they take every opportunity to bend us over. What a crock of excrement! :mad:

Hmm, that's interesting. During the first month of stand-ups, there was a lot of confusion about whether or not ANY of us got per diem. Many of our pilots didn't think they got it for the stand-ups, but from what I understand, you do. Now, I'm very confused. :panic: :insane:

Hmm, that's interesting. During the first month of stand-ups, there was a lot of confusion about whether or not ANY of us got per diem. Many of our pilots didn't think they got it for the stand-ups, but from what I understand, you do. Now, I'm very confused. :panic: :insane:

Well, guess that makes me confused too. Hmmm, sounds like we need to figure this one out....a call to the brain factory is in order. Last I heard was no CDO per diem for us.

Thanks for the info, Q!

Well, guess that makes me confused too. Hmmm, sounds like we need to figure this one out....a call to the brain factory is in order. Last I heard was no CDO per diem for us.

Thanks for the info, Q!

Let me know what you find out! Inquiring minds---and all that! ;)

BTW, don't be too jealous, but I'm off to ALB today for recurrent. :rolleyes: :banghead:
If you find yourself up in ALB......:)

Back