Captain Kila's State of the (Aviation) Union Address

I spent 5 years in the Navy. I am very proud of it, I don't deny or ignore it. However, I do NOT let it define me now. There are 2 types of veterans, those who left the military and those who didn't. If somebody makes you call them by their callsign, they are a D bag and their head is still in the military.

Yea agreed. But I was referring to guys who used their call signs amongst each other.

Now if someone comes strutting into the cockpit and is like I'm captain kila then that's obviously another story.

I flew with a guy that wouldn't answer unless you addressed him as captain. It was a quiet week.

He also got married in his pilot uniform, true story.

Those guys generally don't do well when they get furloughed. Like not well at all.

I flew with a guy that wouldn't answer unless you addressed him as captain. It was a quiet week.

He also got married in his pilot uniform, true story.

I dont get it, why do military guys get married in uniform? Shouldn't the wedding day be about you and your partner, not the chick, the dude, and momma blue

Captain Kila,

Profiling a number of colleagues who are unable to get a job despite their level of qualification vs. your own challenges would lend greater credibility to your piece.

-Captain Jett

Oh man does anyone remember that one guy flying some DC8 for a cargo outfit who made those videos "Yeeeeaaaahhhh, welcome to my jeeettttttt! It's so dammnnnn smmmmoooothhhhhh."

What was his name, caveman or caneman or something.

Yeah, I'm not buying this for two reasons: 1) they wouldn't have known it was easier to spell and speak if you hadn't introduced it to them. And 2) You're using it here on this forum. This is what several of us have commented on here; it's a HUGE indicator of an inflated ego and arrogance that you most likely convey in both your resume and your interviews.
An excellent example of my point is your Avatar. You want to make sure everyone here recognizes you and your "status" amongst others in the profession by including that you are "Training Captain/Company Check Airman/Lead PIC"...seriously? Look at the others in the entire register of JC, by guess is you'll find not one that exudes this much self-inflation. I've only been flying 19 years and I've never heard of a "Lead PIC".....location Lead Pilot, yes; Lead PIC.......um...nope!

This martyr crap is over the top! This is a comment one would expected from a 3 year old.....

Furthermore, there are issues with the hiring process. In my experience, but the majority of the "issues" involve applicants that refuse to follow the application process. You Really need to flush this from everywhere you've posted. You can't dump where you eat!

For someone that claims to be "Sempre Gumby", you sure are pretty rigid....

1. Seriously dude, you don't know what you're talking about and assuming way too much. Inflated ego and arrogance? Ever even BEEN to Indonesia? I'll humor you: It started at a Starbucks, where they ask your name for the cup, per normal the guy just couldn't get my name right. My copilot stepped in and told him my name was Kila, emphasizing the i pronounced like an e in English. He got it right the first time and from then on I started using Kila. There is NOTHING in my article, or anything I have said or done for that matter warranting your accusations when you clearly have no clue what you're talking about.

2. Those were my actual titles in the company so wtf else am I supposed to put? Again, in Indonesia where I worked, they designate one captain as the lead captain and in my records it's listed as Lead PIC. Listing my factual job titles, again in no way warrants your comments.

3. Martyr? WTF are you talking about? I re-emphasized, since everyone is not seeing it that way, the point of the article and why I wrote it. I re-read it as well and it is what I said it is. I wrote it in English and every word means something in the dictionary and again, it is not about me, but my experiences lately applying for jobs, what needs to be fixed and how to fix them. Many people have complimented me on it, many are taking it as you are, which just baffles me. But I really don't care if you want to try and read into it something more than it is.

4. My avatar? Really? It's a photo of me as most avatars are. Doesn't mean or indicate anything at all.

5. Lastly, I'm not removing or changing a damn thing. If folks want to try and read into it and make up issues, that's their business and I don't really care because every word in the article is a fact, those are problems, they should be fixed, and don't tell me that a type rating should be the #1 basis on being considered for a job because that's mostly the problem I'm talking about. Many of us aren't afforded an opportunity, when we normally would have been, all other things considered, and it's wrong, stupid and does no one, including the company needing the pilot, any good. Period.

Many of you are harping on me, what you think I am, or whatever, yet almost no one is talking about the real issue which is all I am trying to do: bring it up so we can try to fix those issues. Or at least discuss them. I'm done defending my article and you can continue to read more into it and accuse me of whatever you want, but if you don't know me personally, it's all hogwash anyway. Someone mentioned on here that yes we all know this, and I'm just wasting energy yelling at the system and that's just the way it is (or something to that effect) but I think it's worth trying to bring up and try to change things for the better, no matter how difficult it may be to do so.

Hmmmm.......seems you are right about the avatar as far as nobody else using their real photo lmao. I always have, not necessarily this one in any online thing. Regardless, this is a pilot forum and that's a photo of me as a pilot. Not meant to be an ego thing whatsoever. Now, let me find a picture of Gumby.....

Back