Best Restaurant by Airport…

If this thread is based on the comment I made about airport terminal food I'm glad airline pilots have so many good options, as far as restaurants at small GA fields the options are numerous. I remember when Agua Dulce was still fun their cafe had a chili cheese dog that was almost the size of my head. Sadly, I believe that cafe closed when the neighbors were trying to get the airport closed, although I think it's an air park now without the cafe. Oh well.

The FBO at Meridian, MS has hot dogs, soft serve and fresh brewed iced tea. That’s as good as it

Wholly, Philly is an amazing eating city.

Definitely a lovely town to grow up in.

My favorite place is usually the D/E connection and always grabbing a pretzel, somehow, someway. Even an Auntie Anne's pretzel hits better in Philly.

Nantucket Airport has a lovely little restaurant in-house, called Crosswinds I think: Was a great place to grab a burger on a day off.

The FBO at Meridian, MS has hot dogs, soft serve and fresh brewed iced tea. That’s as good as it

Used to stop there just for that reason! Several times, they even had chili in a crockpot. Nothing like being a starving go-fer pilot during the dead decade. Double chili dog, ice cream, then jump in to a prop plane with no A/C and bounce all the way down to Florida dodging cumulonimbus at 7500 feet. Not sure how my 25 year old body tolerated that. Or many of the other things I asked it to, for that matter.

• Charleys at JGG makes their own soup and bread. Outstanding sandwiches.
  • Tailwinds Cafe at KMRB is solid. Breakfast all day.
  • Can't-remember-the-name-of-the-place at GED but it was pretty great.
  • Fiorentino's at LNS is pretty good - not too many solid Italian restaurants right on the field.

I'd like to try out the steakhouse at LBE - supposedly it's outstanding. Just haven't made the run up there yet. Got a student from that neck of the woods, maybe I can talk the Chief into approving it as a 141 destination....
I lived there for 6 years, and worked out of that airport... I never made It there... I heard good things from the locals.

If this thread is based on the comment I made about airport terminal food I'm glad airline pilots have so many good options, as far as restaurants at small GA fields the options are numerous. I remember when Agua Dulce was still fun their cafe had a chili cheese dog that was almost the size of my head. Sadly, I believe that cafe closed when the neighbors were trying to get the airport closed, although I think it's an air park now without the cafe. Oh well.

One of the few things I miss about 91/135 is taking the courtesy car from the FBO and eating my way through a long sit.

. I remember when Agua Dulce was still fun their cafe had a chili cheese dog that was almost the size of my head.

Yep, until 2005/2006, Aqua Duce was a fun little airport. Even had a pool.

Have you ever gone over the hill a had BBQ in Tehachapi at the Red House? Real BBQ being smoked out back. 1/3 walk from the airport, can't miss it.

1630539598887.png

Last edited:
Ecco in the ATL international terminal. Pricey but worth it. Other than that I don't frequent airline terminals that much, but here are a few other suggestions for us corporate and 135 people that use FBOs:

Anytime in OPF is worth a quick courtesy car trip to the Latin American Grill, some of the best Cuban food you'll ever have stateside

The sketchy taco truck outside of Signature East in VNY is solid, but even better grab a car and head down the street to Salsa and Beer. There can often be a long line but it will be memorable. They have another location closer to BUR if you land there instead.

In LAS Aloha kitchen is a short ride from both Signature and Atlantic and has some great Hawaiian food, but if you have a bit more time on your hands head all the way into old downtown at The California hotel and eat at Aloha Specialties on the mezzanine level. Life changing Hawaiian food right there. Or anything from Eataly at Park MGM but parking can be a pain depending on what time you go. If you go to HND instead a quick drive to Settebello will yield you some great Neapolitan pizza.

FBO at XNA has hot dogs and ice cream. MillionAir in GPT has incredibly cheap hot sandwiches they make that are actually good.

Ecco in the ATL international terminal. Pricey but worth it. Other than that I don't frequent airline terminals that much, but here are a few other suggestions for us corporate and 135 people that use FBOs:

Anytime in OPF is worth a quick courtesy car trip to the Latin American Grill, some of the best Cuban food you'll ever have stateside

The sketchy taco truck outside of Signature East in VNY is solid, but even better grab a car and head down the street to Salsa and Beer. There can often be a long line but it will be memorable. They have another location closer to BUR if you land there instead.

In LAS Aloha kitchen is a short ride from both Signature and Atlantic and has some great Hawaiian food, but if you have a bit more time on your hands head all the way into old downtown at The California hotel and eat at Aloha Specialties on the mezzanine level. Life changing Hawaiian food right there. Or anything from Eataly at Park MGM but parking can be a pain depending on what time you go. If you go to HND instead a quick drive to Settebello will yield you some great Neapolitan pizza.

FBO at XNA has hot dogs and ice cream. MillionAir in GPT has incredibly cheap hot sandwiches they make that are actually good.
Aloha kitchen is amazing! I get it delivered to the crashpad when I am there between trips. Great late night food.

Nantucket Airport has a lovely little restaurant in-house, called Crosswinds I think: Was a great place to grab a burger on a day off.

Both Napa (APA) and Santa Rosa (STS) have good restaurants on the airport, as good as Tailwinds at Carlsbad.

Sac Exec (SAC)is worth checking out if you're there on a turn as well.

I always liked the sandwiches/breakfast burritos from the little place in the FBO at ASE.

Hidden gem - ask the ladies at the desk at Puerto Vallarta to order you a shrimp burrito. It will be delivered and cost you $10, but it's worth every penny.

The Breakfast Klub in IAH A is interesting but pricey.

The employee cafe (aka Gordons Galley) in IAH isn't bad either, but it's only for those super long sits in IAH because it's a time investment from the B terminal where I usually am. The menu is not nearly as extensive as EWR's, but they do OK for breakfast and decent barbecue for an airport. It's run by Pappadeux's if you know that restaurant group.

Man if they have brisket breakfast tacos like Pappas BBQ…those things are amazing. But I don’t think I’d want to fly after eating two.

Like Norm's at POC, an institution. Eat outside on the patio and they played atc over the speakers. So cool as a little guy growing up.

Maniac Mike’s at CCB is awesome too.

Maudie's in AUS is pretty excellent, as is Amy's Ice Cream. I introduced @Seggy to the Mexican Vanilla Brown Cow there many years ago.

That's a milkshake, by the way. :)

Back