Best Restaurant by Airport…

There’s a nice restaurant in DIJ with a Corsair and MiG 15/17(?) parked in the adjoining hangar open to the public.

Back in my forestry patrol days there was a BBQ joint we would stop at to eat. It was just off a grass strip near the NC/SC line. The strip was not on any chart but the guy we worked for had put the lat/long of the place in the GPS we used.

Waypoint is freaking awesome!

Beeb's is good. There is a new restaurant at LVK called Elevate, and it is pretty good. I go there a bunch.
Waypoint is great but you better time it right, often times the lunch crowd far exceeds their capacity.

Back in my forestry patrol days there was a BBQ joint we would stop at to eat. It was just off a grass strip near the NC/SC line. The strip was not on any chart but the guy we worked for had put the lat/long of the place in the GPS we used.
Pik n Pig? it burned down during covid

hmmm. Burn down of convenience?
there are theories...
supposedly a nearby busier airport had put out an RFP for a new restaurant the week before :tinfoil:

I think it was near Bennettsville SC.
my mistake, you said grass strip

Moonlight BBQ in OWB is buffet style, and it’s going strong.

The hot blueberry cobbler topped with soft serve vanilla is pretty yummy.

I'm a fan of 13 Coins across the street from the SEA terminal. Good old school diner vibe, good food, used to be 24 hrs though I believe they are close late late until like 9-10 AM now unfortunately. If I'm ever coming or going and have time to grab some food, I normally make my way over there.
I love that place. They're opening one down in Vancouver. I am super excited.

Any lobster roll recommendations near PWM? Flying up there next week for a beer run and figure might as well get some lobster too.

Any lobster roll recommendations near PWM? Flying up there next week for a beer run and figure might as well get some lobster too.

Most seafood related items in PWM are overpriced & touristy. You need to scoot out off the beaten path quite a bit.

Most seafood related items in PWM are overpriced & touristy. You need to scoot out off the beaten path quite a bit.

meh my reason for going to PWM is a beer run to Maine Beer Co to stock up so was just gonna grab some between the airport and the brewery

I don't about the best, but a pretty darn good restaurant is above the FBO at KHND. I frequent it, and haven't been disappointed yet.
We love to go there! Not a pilot but it’s a 5 minute drive and my daughter loves to look at the planes

Back