Best Restaurant by Airport…

• Charleys at JGG makes their own soup and bread. Outstanding sandwiches.
  • Tailwinds Cafe at KMRB is solid. Breakfast all day.
  • Can't-remember-the-name-of-the-place at GED but it was pretty great.
  • Fiorentino's at LNS is pretty good - not too many solid Italian restaurants right on the field.

I'd like to try out the steakhouse at LBE - supposedly it's outstanding. Just haven't made the run up there yet. Got a student from that neck of the woods, maybe I can talk the Chief into approving it as a 141 destination....
The corned beef hash at ESN is the best in the state

DAMMIT!!!!

I FINALLY ate there for the first time two weeks ago when I was getting the encoder fixed and I bloody well forgot to order that. Grrr.

• Charleys at JGG makes their own soup and bread. Outstanding sandwiches.
  • Tailwinds Cafe at KMRB is solid. Breakfast all day.
  • Can't-remember-the-name-of-the-place at GED but it was pretty great.
  • Fiorentino's at LNS is pretty good - not too many solid Italian restaurants right on the field.

I'd like to try out the steakhouse at LBE - supposedly it's outstanding. Just haven't made the run up there yet. Got a student from that neck of the woods, maybe I can talk the Chief into approving it as a 141 destination....

Bavarian bread at JGG.. WHEW

They do great eggs bennie and the cinnamon bun things (think they call em sweet rolls) are amazing

N40 Sky Cafe is like way above average NJ diner food

Cafe Rio in SLC. I’ll always get something from there even if I’m not hungry. Unfortunately it’s now in the new terminal, which means you’ll need to hire a Sherpa to get there if you’re coming from the Delta side of the airport.
C-23_Sherpa.jpg

To the rescue!!

The trick is skirting through the Neutral Zone undetected.

The Coney Island in the terminal serves a legit breakfast all day.

For those unaware, “Coney Island” is local Detroit term for hot dog/hamburger/diner. Detroit has them all over, and generally the food is awesome/cheap/plentiful.
Coney Island / Coney means the same thing in Scranton too.

Sbarro at Philly's E is a sleeper.

Leaving the airport, Wawa because you might as well pick up some good food, buuuuut I'll disagree with Ishkabibble's in favor of Tommy Dinic's. Best steaks at Reading Terminal. Hands down.

The Breakfast Klub in IAH A is interesting but pricey.

The employee cafe (aka Gordons Galley) in IAH isn't bad either, but it's only for those super long sits in IAH because it's a time investment from the B terminal where I usually am. The menu is not nearly as extensive as EWR's, but they do OK for breakfast and decent barbecue for an airport. It's run by Pappadeux's if you know that restaurant group.

Chao's "Asian Fusion" in PIT is one I rarely eat at because it's home. But they do rice noodles (mei fun, vermicelli, however you know it) which is a welcome break from the usual "fried rice/lo mein/steamed rice" at Panda whatever. And they will make something fresh for you.

Thanksgiving turkey was always a solid meal from that place

Oh yes and there's always something interesting. But not too interesting. I was on a mission to eat more fish once and the place to start that quest was NOT the employee cafe in EWR. I'm glad we were doing short hops in the Dash 8 at that point. EWR-AVP never seemed so long though...

But suspected food poisoning twice in 8 years in and out of EWR when I ate there a lot was pretty good odds. I just don't order fish!

Flo's isn't outstanding food, but it's an institution and the portions are VERY generous. Honorable mention for sure.
If this thread is based on the comment I made about airport terminal food I'm glad airline pilots have so many good options, as far as restaurants at small GA fields the options are numerous. I remember when Agua Dulce was still fun their cafe had a chili cheese dog that was almost the size of my head. Sadly, I believe that cafe closed when the neighbors were trying to get the airport closed, although I think it's an air park now without the cafe. Oh well.

Back