Best Restaurant by Airport…

Not necessarily, better to stay continuously intoxicated if you're going to live in NOLA.

It’d probably work better that way. Loved my time there, but didn’t look in the rear view mirror when I left. I’d classify it as an “acquired taste”.

In seemingly unrelated news, I think the stretch of I-10 between NOLA and the Mississippi state line has more burned out cars on the side of the road per mile than anywhere else in the world.

In seemingly unrelated news, I think the stretch of I-10 between NOLA and the Mississippi state line has more burned out cars on the side of the road per mile than anywhere else in the world.

After years of driving from TX to various places in the SE…I will always take backroads through east TX up to 20/30/40 rather than deal with I-10 across the gulf coast.

General Fox (KWJF) in Lancaster California.

The smart aviator always finds a way to need to make a precautionary landing just after leaving Fort Irwin NTC. Then you can get yourself a killer breakfast on the start of the XC home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both Napa (APA) and Santa Rosa (STS) have good restaurants on the airport, as good as Tailwinds at Carlsbad.

Sac Exec (SAC)is worth checking out if you're there on a turn as well.

I always liked the sandwiches/breakfast burritos from the little place in the FBO at ASE.

Hidden gem - ask the ladies at the desk at Puerto Vallarta to order you a shrimp burrito. It will be delivered and cost you $10, but it's worth every penny.

Exec used to have a little Chinese restaurant just across the street that was open until 2am and the food was amazing. I don't know if it's still there but some nights after work we'd be hanging around the hangar and at 10pm decide we were hungry and load up and head due north to get good-ass Chinese.

Exec used to have a little Chinese restaurant just across the street that was open until 2am and the food was amazing. I don't know if it's still there but some nights after work we'd be hanging around the hangar and at 10pm decide we were hungry and load up and head due north to get good-ass Chinese.

Was it Lai Wah? Across Freeport from the north hangers?

I lived in a *really* bad apartment in south Sacramento when I instructed there but the food options were way better than the bougie Texas suburb I live in now.

Was it Lai Wah? Across Freeport from the north hangers?

I lived in a *really* bad apartment in south Sacramento when I instructed there but the food options were way better than the bougie Texas suburb I live in now.

I couldn't even begin to remember but that sounds right.

Beruit is just an restaurant that needs to get its stuff together, rude staff slow service. Even if you like middle eastern cuisine, it’s hard to like this restaurant.
The green Chile soup in ABQ, this has either got to be an inside joke or a hazing ritual i fell for.
At least no on has mentioned Spondivits yet.

The corned beef hash at ESN is the best in the state
I used to fly over to ESN twice a week just to eat at the restaurant. Also went to Chesterfield just outside of Richmond to eat. Small restaurant but great food. Bay Bridge airport had a phone that direct dialed to a hotel. They would pick you up and had a good place to eat.

That buffet at FCI is solid
Are buffet's still a thing?

giphy.gif

Attachments

• 1631204576566.png
    1631204576566.png
    148.5 KB · Views: 12
the Golden Corral is still around. Aka the off-base enlisted chow hall, around here.

i always thought Golden Corral was the retiree chow hall? There used to be a line of cars out the parking lot and onto the street blocking traffic of retirees every damn morning. Even longer than the class 6 retiree vodka bottle line every payday.

Yup

Every damn morning.....makin peeps wait...just like the DFAC, MKT (Mobile Kitchen Trailer) Officers ahead of us E-types servicin birds

Come up to where I am...clear path to EVERYday to the vodka bottles... no waiting ...bioooches..LOLOLOL

Back