Best Restaurant by Airport…

If anyone ends up at Conroe, TX (KCXO), there’s a fantastic restaurant on the roof of the Galaxy FBO called the Black Walnut. It’s a local-ish chain run by a fantastic chef. They’ve got a patio with a thick glass railing 60’ up that has a fantastic view.

It was awesome to take my kids there when they were little—the glass railing let them see everything from engine starts to takeoffs.

917BB909-8269-423C-9644-F5D8FE6D3E4C.jpeg

If anyone ends up at Conroe, TX (KCXO), there’s a fantastic restaurant on the roof of Galaxy called the Black Walnut. It’s a local-ish chain run by a fantastic chef. They’ve got a patio with a thick glass railing 60’ up that has a fantastic view.

It was awesome to take my kids there when they were little—the glass railing let them see everything from engine starts to takeoffs.

View attachment 60914
Does the other ghetto FBO I worked at still exist?

Kings Korner Restaurant is attached to the Dominion FBO at KFCI (Richmond Executive/Chesterfield). Good barbecue dinners for $16. Open until 9 pm. Would definitely go back again.

Does the other ghetto FBO I worked at still exist?

Don’t know! I just walk in and go upstairs. They’re trying to make it a fancy airport now. It might be 1+ hrs from the nearest large oil company headquarters but they’re sure going to try to make it a bizjet hub.

Any lobster roll recommendations near PWM? Flying up there next week for a beer run and figure might as well get some lobster too.
Surf and turf at Highrollers
That's a burger with a whole lobster worth of meat and like four sticks of melted buttery goodness on top. Highly recommend. Their roll is good too.
Locals recommended either Andy's or Blue lobster for rolls. Andy's kitchen got weird hours, haven't checked the BL

Don’t know! I just walk in and go upstairs. They’re trying to make it a fancy airport now. It might be 1+ hrs from the nearest large oil company headquarters but they’re sure going to try to make it a bizjet hub.
Shoot, they were trying to do that 10 years ago when I worked at CXO.

I'm a fan of 13 Coins across the street from the SEA terminal. Good old school diner vibe, good food, used to be 24 hrs though I believe they are close late late until like 9-10 AM now unfortunately. If I'm ever coming or going and have time to grab some food, I normally make my way over there.

Oh, yeah, I remember that place - it was still a 24-hour joint when I lived there. I was fairly close to the downtown location but had a fair number of meals at the SEA one. I don't know why, but walking into that place always felt like a very 1980s movie/tv show....never could put my finger on what it was specifically but that was the consistent feeling. <Shrug>

The little cafe at Sig West KHPN.

Excellent sandwiches, breakfast burritos, and usually some sort of Salvadorean specialty on as well.

Oh, yeah, I remember that place - it was still a 24-hour joint when I lived there. I was fairly close to the downtown location but had a fair number of meals at the SEA one. I don't know why, but walking into that place always felt like a very 1980s movie/tv show....never could put my finger on what it was specifically but that was the consistent feeling. <Shrug>

Yeah it definitely has a unique atmosphere. Hadn't put my finger on it, but 1980's (or 1990's) film set vibe sounds about right.

Back